No announcement yet.

Visi and Serial communication not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See images. I have an active internet connection (laptop using wifi).
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ok, thanks for that.

In the Project tab could you please try to change the Destination to Flash and then comp'n'Load to the display.

Comment

• Goes from 'mounting' in green landscape to the yellow portrait message as before but returns to 'mounting' when screen pressed and is stuck in this loop.

Comment

• Ok, thanks for trying. I will try to figure outs what is going wrong. Please bear with me and I will update you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• Hi,

Could you please try updating the PmmC/Driver on your display.

You can do this by clicking on Tools then PmmC Loader and use the Auto Update button.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• Great stuff, that definitely helped, see attached. However doesn't seem to be scrolling? Also when I attach to Arduino and power cycle the display starts as in the attached, not as per the Arduino code.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Great,

Ok, it will only scroll by buttons on that example and can be coded to automatically scroll.

You can now set the project destination to RAM while testing.

To get the display back into the Serial Environment you need to follow these steps

1. Create a new project and choose your display.
                2. Click on Serial as the Programming Environment.
                3. Click on the Tools tab
                4. Click on SPE Load

Your display will now start in the Serial environment.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• OK I'm being really thick here sorry, when I do the above it starts in serial environment but no buttons or scrolling appear like they do when I compile and load from 4DVisi environment. I can feel it is nealy there, just need to screen to remember the scrolling code when I connect it to the Arduino

Comment

• Hi,

The confusion might be that you started with a Designer project and then at some stage switched to using the Serial environment so all examples I created were for how you started your project development in Designer.

It's not impossible to do this and there will be a way that you can do this from the Serial environment. I will see how we can implement something similar from Serial.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• Paul, I really can't thank you enough

Comment

• Hi Paul. Have you had a chance to look at implementing a serial environment please?

Comment

• Hi Paul. Have you had a chance to look at implementing a serial environment please?

Comment

• Hi

I have and it isn't working out as well as I expected. I may have to rethink how to do this. I will update you you when I find a better solution.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X