Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Slider forms

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any documentation and/or examples, do to like a carousel slider but instead of buttons it would be forms. Like i'll add many button on one form and if I slider other buttons on another form will appears, etc.

Also I need to control that form with a serial communication (magic bytes), I want to be able to say which form to slide to.

Can someone help?
    thank you,
    Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I will have a look to see if we have any examples of something similar. In the meantime you could look at this forum post which may be helpful.

https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/62203

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi, did you find something ?

I wanted to know if it's possible to have smart slider with forms instead of images.

Thanks,
      Olivier

Comment

Hi Olivier

You wouldn't be able to do this with an actual form. It would be possible if you had a screenshot of the form either from the Workshop object inspector or by using the gfx_ScreenCapture command. These would then be images but the drawback would be that the form information wouldn't be live.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I also look at the forum you gave me.

In one of the link someone posted a YouTube link : https://youtu.be/81cez-Ws4dQ?t=21

At the second 21st there is something I'll like to do. But with the carousel taking at the place in my pixxiLCD-20P2CT-CLB

I tried all the examples in that post, but nothing was quite like the video.

When I tried changing the screen, the examples were not working properly.

So what I try to achieve is :

A carousel (smart slider) with icons as large as the screen (scrollable) and when I chose one icon I click on it and I arrive at the form I want (like in the video but with larger icons and smaller screen)

thank you again,
          Olivier

Comment

Hi Olivier,

Would you be able to send your example to me so I can try it here. You can post it here or email it to me, paul at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thank you for sending the example

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello,

I am trying to read the value of a Smart Slider on my Arduino. I am using Visi-Genie, but can't seem to get the syntax correct.
                This is the instruction I need help with:

if(evaluateMessage(inputString)){ // if the input string is a valid command or message
                if(messageType == READ_OBJ){
                Serial.print("\n");
                Serial.print("Reading Slider");
                Serial.print(messageIndex);
                Serial.println(" (READ_OBJ)...");
                genie.ReadObject(GENIE_OBJ_SLIDER, messageIndex); <----- insert Smart Slider here
                }
                else if(messageType == WRITE_OBJ){
                Serial.print("Slider");
                Serial.print(messageIndex);
                Serial.print(" set to ");
                Serial.print(messageValue);
                Serial.println(" (WRITE_OBJ).");
                genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_SLIDER, messageIndex, messageValue); <------ and here

Everything I try "is not declared in this scope".
                I can't seem to find this anywhere.
                Thanks for your help

Comment

I finally figured out what I was looking for, thought I would post it for anyone looking for the proper name:
                  GENIE_OBJ_ISMARTSLIDER

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X