Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New VISI code version same graphics, compile without update SD content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rafa
    replied
    Hi,
    I have created a new Designer file using the same filenames as the graphics files (.dat and .gci files) on the SD card (created in a previous version with Visi). It is working quite well apparently, however from time to time the screen is block with an "Eve Stack overflow" error=15.
    I have double checked my software and it is not running any not returning function. Could it be related with the graphics files?

I can see in the that the old .dat and .gci files are updated (at least the data of modification) in the my laptop folder even if I modify only the designer file. Is this normal?

Another issue is the inherit area. I can see that when a new Designer file is created only this #inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc" is included. However in my designer file, which is an update copy of the code of the old Visi file. I have :
    #inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc"
    #inherit "VisualConst.inc"
    #inherit "OldVisiVersionName.inc" --> Should I update this to the new Designer file name?
    #inherit "leddigitsdisplay.inc"

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• rafa
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Thanks, I will try.

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

You can use the same graphics on the SD if there are only code changes. You will have to make sure that the code you are using has the same filenames as the graphics files on the SD card eg

hndl := file_LoadImageControl("NoName3.dat", "NoName3.gci", 1);

When it comes to making code changes you could create a Designer project and copy and paste your original code and then work in this environment to save the creation of graphics and asking for the SD card.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• New VISI code version same graphics, compile without update SD content?

Hi everyone,

I am using Visi as development environment and DIABLO 16 gen-4uLCD screens . When I create a new version of my code most of the time I am not changing the graphical contents (buttons, images...), so I would like to be able to reuse the same SD card content in the new version.
    When I download the new version to the screen the old SD card content is not charged, So I need to extract the SD card from the screen, create the new support files (although) they are the same and reflash the SD card.
    In practice for me is a big problem, since I have to open the machine where the screen is embedded, just for updating a small code update. I would like to create new code versions that work with the "old" SD card content. Is it possible?

Best regards
Working...
X