Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white screen on uLCD-43DCT-CLB

Hello,
    I received a uLCD-43DCT-CLB today and I am a new 4D user. (I am an experienced embedded systems programmer, fwiw .
    The display started up correctly at first. I followed the instructions in the Getting Started manual. I had no problem communicating with the device, formatting an SD card, and building a first simple project. I got as far as seeing the slider on the display, but the cool gauge didn't show up.
    I figured maybe the graphics for the gauge were not loading from the SD card properly, who knows, in any case I was eager to learn, so I started exploring tools in the workshop.
    Unfortunately my curiousity seems to have killed the cat, that is to say I must have done something wrong at some point...because now the display has gone full white at power-up, no matter what I do.
    I have tried reloading the default serial mode project, I have tried automatic and manual reloading of the driver and PmmC.
    The problem may have started when I first tried an automatic PmmC update. Or maybe it was a mistake to click on the "Update Banks and Run" button?

The PmmC loader at this point reports:
    Current PmmC 'Diablo 16' version '20'
    Current Driver 'Gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB-A' dated '16-06-09'

Any suggestions on getting back to something beside a nice bright white blank screen? Thanks in advance!

kind regards,
    ~alex

Some additional information on the issues I am experiencing:
    I moved on to trying the other display I received today, a GEN4-uLCD-24D-CLB.
    I experienced odd behavior with this device as well, for example an lcdDigits object would load, but always at 0,0 position. I could read and write it's value with the gtx tool but the display would always show 00.00.
    This prompted me to try a different host computer. My original tests were done on a VM (Parallels running Win 7 on macOS), so I moved to a new machine running Windows 10.
    The uLCD-24D is now working just fine. I have tried a number of tests, all good!
    Unfortunately, the 43DCT-CLB is still displaying all white. I can communicate with the Diablo16 processor, tried a bunch of commands after reloading the SPE program and the ACK's and data returned seems to make sense. But I can't see anything but white pixels, so it's not exactly functioning as an HMI, haha!
    I have a project deadline to build a product prototype using this model, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Comment

I have exactly the same problem.
      It worked fine for me, but when I clicked the "Update Banks and Run" button it started saying "Driver not mounted". That was what I got to the PmmC Loader and update the driver and nothing. I came back and asked him to update it in a forced way and bye died, the screen went white. Then I tried to search the forum and update driver but driver could not get.
      Luckily copy and paste to know what driver it had before updating it: Current Driver 'Gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB-A' dated '17 / 05/31 '. Then when it was updated with the driver: New Driver 'Gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB-A' dated '16 / 06/09 '. It didn't work anymore.
      We need your help
      Kind Regards

Matias

Comment

Hi Matias,

Welcome to the forum.

Usually the 'Drive not mounted' refers to an issue with the SD card and not the driver of the display.

'Update Banks and Run' loads a small program to FlashBank 0 of the display. When the display is powered up or reset, it looks for the executable program RunBank1.4xe on the SD card. 'Drive not mounted' usually refers to SD card not being inserted in the display.

Can you confirm that the display is now working with the older PmmC installed and the display has the 'Drive not mounted' message back again or is the display still white screen.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul

Thank you for your answers!!!!
          No, unfortunately we have the module with a blank screen from the moment we installed the previous version of PmmC. From that moment on there was no more message, it is possible to download programs, but the screen is completely white. We could not find this version 'Gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB-A' dated '17 / 05/31 ' We forced the update believing that in workshop4 we had a newer version.
          We greatly appreciate your help as it takes us by surprise in the middle of the project.
          Best regards

Matias

Comment

Hi Matias

Thanks for the information.

Could you please use the attached driver file and let me know the result.

Best regards'

Paul
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Paul
              Yes!!!! Excellent!!
              I downloaded the driver file, installed it and it worked correctly. It would be nice to update that controller in the workshop4.
              Thank you very much for your attention and service!!
              Thank again

Best regards
              Matias

Comment

Hi Matias,

Thats great! and yo're very welcome

Thank you for updating me and for the feedback

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X