Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-state button

Hello,

I have got a button on which I want 5 states (I have 5 images), so when I press it goes from picture 0 t1, then 1 to 2, etc... and loops from 4 to 0. I can't find how to do it (using Visi-genie). Is it possible please ?

Hi,

Yes, it certainly is possible. Kindly refer to this appnote for your reference:
    AN-00030 ViSi-Genie User Button

You will find the included project in here:
    4D-AN-00030 zip

Please let me know if have further query on this.

BR,
    Sherwin

Comment

Hello Sherwin,

thank you, this is the application note I have read before posting in order to achieve my goal but I obviously missed something or misread as after loading my 5 pictures in the button, they correspond to ON, ON PRESSED, OFF, and OFF PRESSED, which is 4 states where I wanted to have 5 "rotating" states. I will try again.

what I need is :
      at init : state 0, shows picture '0'.
      I press and release : state 1, shows picture '1', reports state '1' on serial comm'
      I press and release : state 2, shows picture '2', reports state '2' on serial comm'
      I press and release : state 3, shows picture '3', reports state '3' on serial comm'
      I press and release : state 4, shows picture '4', reports state '4' on serial comm'
      I press and release : state 0, shows picture '0', reports state '0' on serial comm'
      etc...

I took a userbutton then loaded my 5 pictures and settings are :
      Matrix =-1
      Momentary = No
      Stretch = No

Looking to the reference manual page 19, I'm not sure if it's possible ?
      Last edited by loulou4cv; 30 May 2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hello, can you confirm if above description is possible please ?

Comment

Hi,

Apologies for the much delayed response.

Please download attached ViSi-Genie project sample. I made use of three empty UserButtons and one UserImage which contains five pictures. The UserButtons are place on the left, right, and bottom side of the UserImage. To cycle through the photos, press left or right side of the UserImage. To go back to "state 0", you can press the bottom side.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
          Sherwin
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thank you Sherwin, I will have a look on it. I imagined this trick but don't know how to make them all superposed to make the user believing this is one single multi-state button. Maybe it is possible with the PRO version ?
            Thank you,
            Kind regards,
            Philippe

Comment

Hello Philippe,

Right you are. Please follow this link if you want to purchase Workshop4 PRO license.

Kindly download attached file to find project sample which makes use of Genie Magic Event to achieve what you wanted. Please refer to this appnote if you want to learn more about Genie Magic:
              AN-00182 ViSi-Genie How to Add Magic Objects
              https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4d-an-00182/

Kind regards,
              Sherwin
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sherwin4D; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Hello Sherwin,

thank you for your support.
                Kind regards,
                Philippe

Comment