Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Touch Response with Arduino

Hi,
    I recently started a new project and I am struggling quite a bit. My end project will control relays, however, for a test I decided to try using and LED, outputs will be similar.
    The issue I'm having is that I purchased a gen4-ulcd-35dct-clb and even though I have followed all tutorials online the buttons will not trigger any outputs, the tx and rx lights on the arduino also do not make any effort to flash, even though I am pressing buttons.
    I'm not quite sure what the issue here is, My code is below and I have also attached the 4D workshop program in rar format.
    I am using the IB board with the gen4 programming cable but I am not using the breakout board for arduino. All communications are being done through the IB.

Code:
    #include <genieArduino.h>

#define Relay_1 6
    Genie genie;
    #define RESETLINE 4

void setup()
    {
    Serial.begin(200000);
    genie.Begin(Serial);

genie.AttachEventHandler(myGenieEventHandler); // Attach the user function Event Handler for processing events

pinMode(RESETLINE, OUTPUT); // Set D4 on Arduino to Output (4D Arduino Adaptor V2 - Display Reset)
    digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 0); // Reset the Display via D4
    delay(100);
    digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 1); // unReset the Display via D4

delay (3500); //let the display start up after the reset (This is important)

pinMode(Relay_1, OUTPUT); // sets the digital pin as output
    digitalWrite(Relay_1, HIGH);

}
    void loop()
    {
    genie.DoEvents();
    delay(1);
    }

void myGenieEventHandler(void)
    {
    genieFrame Event;
    genie.DequeueEvent(&Event);

if (Event.reportObject.cmd == GENIE_REPORT_EVENT)
    {
    if (Event.reportObject.object == GENIE_OBJ_WINBUTTON) // If the Reported Message was from a Slider
    {
    if (Event.reportObject.index == 0) // If Slider0 (Index = 0)
    {
    digitalWrite(Relay_1, LOW);
    }
    }
    }
    }
    Attached Files

I also tried checking for responses in the GTX tool. the WinButton does not change value when pressed or depressed. Is this a screen issue or is there something wrong with my programming

Comment

Hi,

Could you please check that the Event for the Winbutton is set to report message. A button isn't automatically set to do this and needs to be enabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ReportMessage.png
Views:	31
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	72273

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response, All buttons that are placed on the screen are set to report message. They also have momentary set to no. I can see that the touchscreen is acknowledging touches as it does change the button colour, the touch just does not get communicated to the arduino. Just an update on this, I have now managed to get communication to gtx

Regards,
        William

Comment

Hi Paul,

It appears that I have solved the problem. When I was programming the screen, I was not hitting the button to update banks and run. Running this command I managed to update the screen and the communications are now working. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
          William

Comment

Hi William,

Thats great news,

It is so easily forgotten and glad to hear it's all working now.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X