Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiflash problem over 16Mb

Hello,

I'm trying to move my dat and gci files to a spiflash (128Mb)

I discovered that if the gci file is bigger than 16Mb it doesn't work

The files copy on the SPIFLASH but at the dat loading time it load the dat but with the wrong number of image and the screen goes blank

Is there a solution for file bigger than 16Mb?

Thanks

Hello,

As stated in the Diablo16 Internal Functions Manual[page 450], "The only devices supported so far are the M25Pxx and A25Lxx range of devices which are 512Kbit to 128Mbit Serial Flash Memory. Other similar devices should also work, provided they do not exceed 128Mbit."

So, 128Megabit(16 Megabytes) is the limit and the highest Diablo16 can access.

Regards,
    Sherwin
    Last edited by sherwin4D; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Ok, in that case (sorry I missed that in the manual) is it possible to split the gci file between 2 spi flash? and if the answer is yes can you provide a code snippet on how to manage it?

Comment

The ability to use an SPI flash chip greater than 16MB was added some time back as a request from a customer. This was never officially released.

Currently we are adding extra functionality to Diablo which will enable the usage of this flash in a more 'uSD like' manner.

Can you send your project, as well as details of your additional hardware to mark at 4dsystems dot com dot au and we'll have a look at it with a view to making it work neatly with the new features.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X