Switch ... Case status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch ... Case status?

Postings in late March of '08 made references to the next 4DGL release having switch ... case implemented. I just wanted to provide a hopeful reminder if that had happened to have gotten lost in the sea of changes/improvements tsunami'ing across your work areas.

What's the status on it?
    "I dream the impossible, for if I do not, it will remain that way" - Mitchell Day 12/2007

bump

Comment

Still not yet sorry - we're hoping that a major compiler upgrade will be happening over the Christmas break - and some other issues with the break statement must be debugged before we can move on to some of the more structured wish list items.
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

I was wondering if there is any documentation on the switch case commands. It doesn't seem to be in the online help.

EDIT:
        I found the Programmers Reference Manual and Language Specifications PDF and tried the syntax given however, this doesn't seem to work. All the examples are given for the Goldelox in the examples that come with 4DGL. Is this a Goldelox only command?

The error is: undefined variable or function in line 6, column 18 (pass 2)
        which is the switch line.

HTML Code:
        #platform "uLCD-32032-P1T"
        #inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc"
        var NavIndex;

func SwitchTest()
        switch
        case (NavIndex == 1)
        break;
        case (NavIndex == 2)
        break;
        case (NavIndex == 3)
        break;
        case (NavIndex == 4)
        break;
        case (NavIndex == 5)
        break;
        endswitch
        endfunc
        Thad
        If email spam were the edible Spam, there would be no world hunger.

Comment

Anyone?
          If email spam were the edible Spam, there would be no world hunger.

Comment

The latest Picaso GFX PmmC's , WS3 upgrade, and latest compiler are almost ready for release, expected to be available early next week.
            Currently , only Goldelox supports the switch / case statement, however, Picaso GFX PmmC upgrade will also support switch, along with other goodies such as more RAM, more code space, timer events, comms TX buffering and other improvements.
            Oh, and documentation in PDF format.
            Have faith - its nearly here
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Can I use the Picaso GFX PMMCs on my old uOLED-32028-P1 Display or is the Picaso GFX2 processor neccessary?

Comment

Yes no problem, you may find a few programming differences if porting your old code, but all in all it will be well worth the change. Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/4DSystems for a quick rundown on some of the new abilities.
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X