Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designing dialog windows in Workshop4 PRO

Hello,

I would like to ask you about your expirience with design of dialog and alert windows in Workshop4. I'm using the newest PRO version of the software with gen4-uLCD modules. Currently I'm working in Visi-Genie tool and all of forms have to be added as fullscreen forms. I have no possibility to add something like modal dialog window or expandable controls, i.e. trackbar for setting audio volume (like in Windows or Ubuntu) or confirmation dialog with YES/NO buttons. Instead of making more and more new forms I need to add some controls not covering the whole screen. Building this stuff manually (using borders, panels and something like this) seems to be a little tricky.

Maybe there are some examples of making such functionality? Is that possible in Visi-Genie or should I switch to other tools provided by Workshop4?

Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,
    Przemyslaw
    Last edited by imer; 12 June 2020, 09:53 PM.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum,

With the PRO version and 4DGL Magic code it would be possible to do this. One thing to remember though, when a dialog box or Alert box is shown then the Form will need to be redrawn when the box is no longer needed which is straightforward to do with the ActivateForm command or again by the use of Magic code.

We don't have an example but I will prepare something for you. We also have a new range of tools coming out in the next release of Workshop which might make the task easier.

I'll update you as soon as I have and example completed

Best regards

Paul

Comment

pauleilio thank you very much for fast reply! I'll be grateful for an example. Could you provide any info about estimated time of releasing new version of Workshop?
      Best regards
      Przemek

Comment

I don't have an estimated time but it is very soon if it helps. I will try to get a better estimate for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pauleilio View Post

We don't have an example but I will prepare something for you. We also have a new range of tools coming out in the next release of Workshop which might make the task easier.

I'll update you as soon as I have and example completed

Best regards

Paul
          Hello pauleilio

is there any update about dialog windows and date of new Workshop release?

Best regards,
          Przemyslaw

Comment

Hi Przemyslaw,

I'm still working on the example for Genie but nearing completion. The example will include a re-draw which is where the time has taken but I have got over most hurdles now and should be completely finished this week.

The new Workshop release is only a week or two away.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

thank you for feedback - implementation of this functionality becomes urgent to me, so I'm counting on your help. I was thinking thought that it's much easier to implement such kind of stuff, but I hope that everything should work fine and I really appreciate your involvement.

Regards,
              Przemyslaw

Comment

Knock, knock...🤨

is there any update in this topic?

Best regards,
                P.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, it has progressed and I hope it is ok with you as it is based on new widgets available in the new release of Workshop which will be released very soon. This gives us the ability to use a nice dialog box shape with great looking buttons all in minimal code.

I'll post the finished example here as soon as the new version of Workshop is out.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello,
                    I've just noticed that the new Workshop is out and the release notes say:

Added Inherent and Internal widget support for Diablo.
                    Is there any app note available for this stuff?

Best regards,
                    Przemyslaw

Comment

Hi Przemyslaw

Please take a look at this application note

https://docs.4dsystems.com.au/app-note/4D-AN-00218/

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

I would like to ask for said example for dialog windows in new Workshop - unfortunately, due to lack of the code I had to change some functionality in my project, but in next projects this stuff will be necessary. If there are any problems with reliability of such implementation please let me know, because then I would have to consider another GUI environment for ongoing work.

Best regards,
                        Przemyslaw

Comment

Hi Przemyslaw,

I will be able to complete this example now that Workshop 4 version 4.6.0.38 has been released and will send it to you shortly

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X