commented on 's reply
    Hello Sherwin,

Thank you for your fast response ! I have just submitted a ticket to Sales

Best regards,
    Oumy

• sherwin4D
    replied
    Hi,

- Is there an existing extension of the 4D display cable ? My Arduino is going to be at least 500mm away from my screen and I'm searching for the best way to keep them connected. My current 4D display cable is too short.
    > Please contact our Sales Department directly if you need a longer 30-way FFC Cable or a 5-way female-to-female ribbon cable. Please go to www.4dsystems.com.au/support and submit ticket to Sales.

- I am aware that we need to keep the 4D Programming cable AND the 4D display connected to the 4D adaptor shield to upload the program. However, once the program uploaded, would the screen work just fine if we remove the 4D programming cable ? (I won't have access to my screen until a few weeks so I can't test this yet).
    > Yes, it should work without the programming cable plugged in and if the program has been uploaded to the display[FLASH memory]. But you need to make sure to feed it with enough power juice by using the Arduino's barrel jack to power up both Arduino and display module.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Sherwin

Leave a comment:

• oumyth
    started a topic Basic hardware questions

Basic hardware questions

Hello,

I've got a 70DT-AR screen connected to an Arduino MEGA using an adaptor shield.

- Is there an existing extension of the 4D display cable ? My Arduino is going to be at least 500mm away from my screen and I'm searching for the best way to keep them connected. My current 4D display cable is too short.

- I am aware that we need to keep the 4D Programming cable AND the 4D display connected to the 4D adaptor shield to upload the program. However, once the program uploaded, would the screen work just fine if we remove the 4D programming cable ? (I won't have access to my screen until a few weeks so I can't test this yet).

Best regards,
    Oumy
Working...
X