X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sherwin4D
    replied
    Hi Carl,

Another thing I forgot to mention.When I complie the program a window pops up to say the graphics file is larger than 200mb.Will this error windor trigger an automatic compile even if there are no errors in the code?
    - The pop-up window is only a warning that the generated graphics exceeded 200mb, you may turn this off by navigating to WS4 Options > Warnings.

Regarding the rebuilding of graphics files taking too long, as mentioned from the response of my colleague, you may copy the *.4DG file along with the *.4DWork folder to another folder in order to skip recompiling the graphics files. For reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CompileCodeOnly.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	72427

Hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Sherwin

Leave a comment:

• darbyvet
    replied
    Another thing I forgot to mention.When I complie the program a window pops up to say the graphics file is larger than 200mb.Will this error windor trigger an automatic compile even if there are no errors in the code?
    Carl

Leave a comment:

• darbyvet
    started a topic Slow compile time with graphics files

Slow compile time with graphics files

So I am tweaking my latest project and it takes aobut 40 minutes to compile and upload the file.I have aobut 7 minutes of video that I am using. I read some other comments inclduing this one;

Hi Marcus,

Welcome to the forum.

After a successful compile and upload of your program at least once, it will not compile the graphics again. If you are only editing the code without editing the graphics then you can do the option of copying the .4dg and .inc files into another folder. Open the .4dg file in a designer environment. That way there is no chance of touching the WYSIWYG area that can cause an update. That's why we always suggest completing the graphics design first before coding.

Hope this helps.

Best Regard
    s,
    Ferdinand

What I am finding is if I tweak the code and make a mistake it takes another 40 minutes to compile before the error message .This makes debugging very slow.Now if I am reading the above comment correctly if the compile is successful then if you tweak the coding it will not regenerate the graphics file (which I am assuming takes most of the time) as long as there are no errors in the coding changes.I am using Visi. Can you explain a bit more about copying the .4dg file because that would seem to be the best solution.
    Thanks
    Carl
Working...
X