X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Jack

Ahh, I never thought to ask that. Thats great news and thanks for letting me know. The Arduino Compile time might have been an issue later on so good that we done that anyway.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Carolan_Jack
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Quick update, it seems that I have resolved the issue by changing the board in the Arduino IDE from "Generic ESP8266 Module" to "4D Systems gen4 IoD Range". Not 100% sure if this is related but it is the only change I have made and everything seems to work now.

Workshop4 now successfully compiles and loads despite still showing "Arduino IDE not responding error" briefly.

Thanks for your help.

kind regards,
    Jack

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Yes the output window at the bottom above the red error message will help, Thanks Jack

Leave a comment:

• Carolan_Jack
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Yes the installation is in the default location. Is there any information I can send that would help you diagnose the problem?

Thanks,
    Jack

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Jack,

Sorry to hear that.

Is your Arduino IDE installed in it's default location ie C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino ? I am guessing it is as I can see some text above the red error message in the image you sent.

Leave a comment:

• Carolan_Jack
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, still no joy! It does appear to take a considerable amount of time for the Arduino IDE to compile.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Just to add to the above. It may be necessary for Workshop to be restarted for it to take effect.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Jack,

Thanks for the information.

Sometimes the Arduino IDE can take a long to to compile for the ESP8266 and Workshop will timeout awaiting a response. I have attached a registry key that will extend the timeout in Workshop. Just extract it and the double click the file and it will install automatically.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carolan_Jack
    replied
    Hi Paul,

I am still having some problems communicating when using Workshop 4. I am using the Gen4-IoD-28T display only connected with the programmer supplied by 4D.

Below is the error message I receive when trying to compile and load. As I mentioned, I can open the Arduino IDE and load the same code with no problems. I have been through all steps of setup already and added GFX4D library and support for ESP8266 board to arduino IDE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	72610

Is this something that you have seen before and know a fix?

Thanks again,

Jack

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Jack,

Because Workshop 4 can program many display types, it sometimes seems that an Arduino powered device can't be detected. When you select the com port in Workshop 4 which will be the same com port you use in the Arduino IDE, Workshop doesn't check for the Arduino device being present and will show a message to say 'Device is not responding'

This is normal when using the IoD as Workshop uses the Arduino IDE to compile and upload and the presence of the display is only checked by the Arduino IDE when uploading.

I hope this helps

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Carolan_Jack
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Paul,

I am now using this library but still having problems communicating in workshop 4.

I can programme the device fine with Arduino IDE.

What do you suggest?

Regards,

Jack

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Jack

Welcome to the forum,

Sorry you are having the same problem. We are working on a version that will know the difference between cores being used but in the meantime could you please use this library.

Best regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carolan_Jack
    replied
    Hi Daniel,

I am having the same issue.

Would you mind uploading or pointing me in the direction of the GFX4D library used?

Thanks,

Jack

Leave a comment:

• sherwin4D
    commented on 's reply
    Glad this has been resolved.

Thank you for the update.

Kindest regards,
    Sherwin

• DEpp23
    replied
    Thank you for looking into this. I installed a different version of the GFX4D library and I am now able to upload without issue.

Regards,

Daniel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X