X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arduino IDE cannot compile for Iod-Range

Hi,

I am trying to program the GEN4-IoD-32T using the arduino IDE. I have installed the GFX4D library, ESP8266 community core and have selected the "4D Systems gen4 IoD Range". When compiling I get the following error message:

C:\Users\epp_d\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GFX4d\src\GFX4d.cpp: In member function 'void GFX4d::begin()':
    C:\Users\epp_d\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GFX4d\src\GFX4d.cpp:269:28: error: no matching function for call to 'SDClass::begin(int8_t&, int)'
    if(SD.begin(_sd, 80000000)){
    ^
    C:\Users\epp_d\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GFX4d\src\GFX4d.cpp:269:28: note: candidate is:
    In file included from C:\Users\epp_d\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GFX4d\src\GFX4d.h:184:0,
    from C:\Users\epp_d\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GFX4d\src\GFX4d.cpp:178:
    C:\Users\epp_d\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.6.3\libraries\SD\src/SD.h:35:13: note: boolean SDClass::begin(uint8_t, SPISettings)
    boolean begin(uint8_t csPin, SPISettings cfg = SPI_HALF_SPEED) {
    ^
    C:\Users\epp_d\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.6.3\libraries\SD\src/SD.h:35:13: note: no known conversion for argument 2 from 'int' to 'SPISettings'
    Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
    Used: C:\Users\epp_d\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.6.3\libraries\SD
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board 4D Systems gen4 IoD Range.
    Is there an alternate version of any libraries or packages I should be using? I'm not sure what to try.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear you have encountered a problem when compiling your code for the IoD.

The Arduino core is an actively updated board for the Arduino IDE and it appears that a recent update has affected the integrated SD card handling of the GFX4d library.

I'll find the cause and send you an updated copy of the GFX4d library as soon as possible.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

I've attached a modified library to try. My version of ESP8266 core seems to accept both ways of doing this as it was updated to 2.7.1 instead of clean install.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Best regards

Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

It works! Thank you so much, Paul!

Everything is going smoothly now.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with your project.

Best regards