X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Thnks for the information. Yes you can use the UPA for programming also.

Please let me know the result of tests when your colleague returns from holiday.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Alanalan
    replied
    Yes i have gen4-IB, but my colleague told me that we also have the 4D-UPA, but he didn't manage to program the display, just useful for using the card. May be he did something wrong? Now he is on holiday, the 20 of July when he will come back we'll made further test if you confirm me it can be used also for programming

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Sorry, I mught have misunderstood.

Can you please let me know which one you have now from the imaages below

Click image for larger version

Name:	gen4-ib_top.png
Views:	44
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	72650
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4d-upa.png
Views:	23
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	72651
    I am guessing you have the gen4-IB (the top one). If this is the case you will need the 4D-UPA as this will allow you access to the TX, RX pins while the USB is connected.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Alanalan
    replied
    May be I didn't explained me well or I do not understand. The model is gen4-mLCD-32DCT-CLB. While I program it, I need to check what I did (and I/O signals) without detaching the flat cable, connect the signal cable cable and go on back and forward with the cables. Using 32PTU, there was a different connector for I/O. In this one, it is the same used to connect to the USB port, so i f I connect to the USB for programming I cannot check I/O. May be there is another cable/part that can be used for having both signals and programming port simultaneously. Can you point me where I can find it or how I have to do?

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

When using a Diablo display with a gen4-PA or UPA you can choose another com port by modifying your code and select the GPIO on the PA or UPA which you want to use. This will allow to still use this adapter and with the USB chip on board.

If it is a gen4-IB then and the Input and ouptut is on different pins then you will need a gen4-PA or UPA to be able to check these input/output.

I hope thius helps

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Alanalan
    started a topic 32DCT-CLB programming and checking input/output

32DCT-CLB programming and checking input/output

Hi,
    we are using since some year 32PTU. We decided to go to DCT-CLB because of the better display/touch screen. The question is, how can I program it and check the input output if the signal cable is the same that goes to the USB? Is theres another cable? If Yes, can you point me to it?
    Thanks in advance
Working...
X