Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display for use as Head Up Display placed on motor vehicle driver dashboard

Looking fir a solution that will

1. Mirror content so it can display reflected on to drivers windscreen as a heads up display

2. Be super bright so info displayed onto so screen is clearly visible to driver In full sunligh

Please advise if any of Your displays can achieve the above

I am using arduino as the micro controller

Hello,

Welcome to the forum,

Many apologies for the quality of the image, It is impossible to focus on the image on the windscreen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	headsup.JPEG
Views:	30
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	72771

This is the gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB-SB on a bright day and you can just about see the gauge on the windscreen.

I don't know if it helps at all but it is clearly visible but not particularly bright. Very hard to capture on a phone camera.

The mirror content is a little harder to do but not impossible depending on what you need to display.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B5686BE-D0FC-47B3-997B-06016E00F435.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	72775Hi

thanks for the reply

yes your photo shows sonethkbh

I also note although your photo is on the day it’s night in direct suns light rather overcast

the image below shows the content I preserved on a newhaven display to illustrate the design of what I am presenting and want mirrored

Also my mirroring is reflected on head up film placed on windscreen

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this would be possible.

We don't have any mirroring functions as such but this can be done with our Userimages function and some processing of the images beforehand which I can help with if needed.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thanks but using images I need to have speedo update I real time changing as fast as a digital speedo without delay to render images of speedo would need 120 images to cater from 0 to 120 even if just But maos of numbers and a Single circle Image for background of speedo

still also need to ensure images are clearly readable On windscreen in direct sunlight

Comment

Hi,

We also have the Custom Digits widget where you can create the font in a mirrored manner and the background image need only be drawn once.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Fan bloody tastic

where do I find that program ?? Manual on how to do it and is it compatible with arduino shields

so from your comments we can address the rendering of the numbers and even have them mirrored all great news.

All that’s left is to determine if extra bright is enough to have full visibility in full direct sunlight when mirrored the. Heads up display film placed on windscreen positioned in front of driver

Can you please confirm if your extra bright displays are those manufactured by WhiteHaven Displays, as I already have one of theirs:

NHD-4.3CTP-SHIELD-N

and it’s not bright enough when mirrors in direct sunlight onto windscreen Headupdisplay film

some background the values are coming from live api’s and the canbus of the car at as little as 2 second intervals

Comment

Hi I am trying to contact your sydney office to discuss the suitable product yet I only receive a recorded message.

please advise or call me on 61 0414 228 948

Comment

Hi

I am looking at 2 of the models they seem to be identical apart from one being supplied with a beveled enclosure and tut other without

The 2 displays are

SK-GEN4-43D-CLB-SB-AR

and

SK-GEN4-43D-SB-AR

however the data sheet references different level for the display Max brightness

why would that mode with the enclosure have a lower brightness compared to the one without when the enclosure has a brighter value yet the base display is the same ???

Finally can someone advise how I can contact the Australian office I have phoned numerous times over the past 2 days and all I receive is a recorded voice message.

Attached Files

Comment

• James_4DSystems
                    James_4DSystems commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello,

The 43D-CLB has the glass cover lens bezel (CLB) over the top of the LCD itself, while the 43D is just the bare LCD. So I would imagine the slight drop in brightness will be a result of the extra glass on the front which I believe is about 0.7mm thick. The 43D-CLB is about 7.4mm thick total, and the 43D is about 6.7mm, if I am not mistaken.

The CLB is not an enclosure, it is a glass front which hangs out beyond the edge of the display, to provide a mounting surface so it can be attached directly to a product/panel/enclosure. The models without the CLB you attach with the mechanical screw mounts on the 4 corners.

Regarding the phone number for the Australian Office, yes you are right there is a problem there. It will be looked at in the morning to determine what the problem is, sorry about that. You are best to contact our sales team directly from our website contact page while that is being sorted.

Regards

Hi

so the non clb can still be mounted to that 3D enclosure ???

i have been trying to contact your sales team via the website ringing the sales number

can you please have someone call me tomorrow so it can confirm which model to order

my number is 0414228948

Comment

• James_4DSystems
                    James_4DSystems commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do you mean this one on Thingiverse?
                    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4005882

You need the CLB one, as its the CLB that sticks to the enclosure. You cannot screw a non-CLB display to this as that is not how it was designed.
                    The Thingiverse page states "This particular enclosure is for our 4.3" gen4 displays with a Cover Lens Bezel (CLB)"

Our sales team has been made aware of your forum post, and they will be investigating the phone issue tomorrow morning. My suggestion of you making contact via the contact page on our website, was via email - not phone, just until the phone is sorted.
                    Again, thank you for making us aware of the phone issue.

Regards
                Working...
                X