This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing to Inherent LabelB Object

I've just recently updated my Workshop4 IDE and have been exploring the new widgets and objects available for a Diablo16 display. I have PRO and I'm running working on a Visi Genie project, and I'd like to write a value into an Inherent LabelB object the same way that can be done over serial, but I'd like to do it in a MagicEvent or code snippet. I can't find any documentation for what function to call to achieve this behavior.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum

This is the magic code snippet to write a text array to the label

WriteObject(tiLabelB, 0, labtext);

I created the text array like this

var labtext[6] := ['h', 'e', 'l', 'l', 'o', 0];

I hope this helps

Best regarfds

Paul

Comment

Thank you Paul, that does exactly what I'd expect.

I'm a bit stuck again on some other behavior that's not what I expected. I am writing a text array to the label in a code snippet, exactly as you have shared here, on Form0. When I change to Form1 and then later return to Form0, the label now says "hlo0000" instead of saying "hello". I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Comment

• James_4DSystems
        James_4DSystems commented
        Editing a comment
        We are investigating this now - thank you for reporting it

Please unzip the attached and replace the existing file in C:\Program Files (x86)\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\INCLUDE

Then use the 'Load Inherents into Bank 5' tool to update your display
      Attached Files
      Mark

Comment

Thank you for the quick response and providing this file. I have been using the inherent labels extensively over the last few days and everything has been working as I would expect.
        Last edited by alivings; 8 August 2020, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X