This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Knob Multi turn

Can the smart knob be used with multiple turns instead of a fixed start and end point?

Hello,

Welcome to the forum,

This isn't something we have ever tried

It would be possible to make the start and end points next to each other but it would depend on the programming environment as there would have to be additional code to determine if it has passed through zero. If the range of movement was 360 degrees then I would try determine if it was within 179 forward of the last position or within 179 backward of the last position This way you would be able to determine if it had gone forward or backward a full turn.

If it was Visi-Genie as the programming environment then in the above scenario it would return 0 - 359 but if you had an attached microcontroller then you could possibly apply the same as above.

It would be something you have to try

Best regards

Paul

Comment

that makes, sense thank you very much

Comment

Just a thought; is it possible to have adjustable start/end points?

Comment

Hi,

if you take a look at the knob2 example, by changing the min/max degree on layer 3 to -45, 315 you can see how the pointer starts and finishes in the same place.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

thanks Paul,

can I change it on the fly according to some stimulus. Say maybe a hi range/low range selector?

Comment

It would be possible using Magic code to limit it to a low and high range but the Smart gauge would always be as designed in the Smart Editor.

Another way would be to create multiple Smartknobs on top of each other that you could select when needed having different start/end points.

Do you have an example or an image that you could show me to demonstrate what you would like it to do ?

Comment

it was just an idea. I can see how multiple knobs onto of each other would work.
                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X