• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

copyScreen2uSD(x, y, width, height);
    Description:
    Reads and Copies an area of screen from location x, y of size given by width and height parameters and writes it to the uSD memory card. The uSD sector memory address must be specified prior by uSD_setSector(Sector_Add) function.

Parameters:
    x, y :
    specifies the horizontal and vertical position of the top left corner of the screen area to be copied.
    width :
    specifies the width of the copied area.
    height :
    specifies the height of the copied area

copyuSD2Screen(x, y, width, height);

Description:
    Reads a block of data from the uSD memory card and writes it to the screen. Screen location (top left corner) is specified by x, y and size is specified by width and height parameters. The uSD sector memory address must be specified prior by uSD_setSector(Sector_Add) function.

Parameters:

x, y :
    horizontal and vertical position (top left corner) of the screen where data to be written to.
    width :
    specifies the width of the written data block.
    height :
    specifies the height of the written data block.

Try this trick. Copy that specific area, where you are overwriting text, to the uSD and every time you want to overwrite the text simply use copyuSDtoScreen to get rid of the old text and then write the new text again.

Hope that will help....

-Bilal

Leave a comment:

• tomisom
    replied

One of the things I've done in this type of situation is to change the font color to the same as the background behind it (if it's all one color), and re-print the string in the background color.

Either that, or draw a rectangle over the text in the background color.

Or in the worse case, manipulate a couple of rectangles/triangles in different colors if the string overlaps several colors.

I'd love to hear of a better way

Leave a comment:

• bi0_gauss
    started a topic text clearing

text clearing

Yet another question I have the uLCD-32032-P1T and am looking for basically a txt_clear function. I have a background image with white text being written over top of the image. I want to be able to change the text based on a user pressing different buttons. At the moment I am switching the text to opaque and writing " " to cover the text, but this leaves a black background which isn't desirable. Is there a trick I can use to keep my background image without clearing the entire screen then reloading it?

Thanks for the help.
Working...
X