X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect / mount MOTG Rs232 to back of 4.3 diablo dispaly

Hi

i have just received the MOTG rs232 and the a2 adaptor

there are no instructions on how to connect the above to the back of the display with the supplied cable nor how to secure the board to the back of the display.

Reading the resources it mentions needing to solder off some connections

Is there a resource that takes user through steps a-z of setting up and then connecting the rs323 wires and data transfer etc ???

if i am only using one of the boards on the A2 interface do i still need to solder off some of the connections

Sorry i am not trained in electronics having to make per hardware modifications is a little stress fuill ie soldering off connection etc

All I want to be able to achieve is connect the rs232 feed so that i can send the messages to the display.
    Last edited by SpeedlessAustralia; 14 August 2020, 02:06 PM.

Hi,

With just the one MOTG module connected there is no need to change to solder blobs if they are already set for tx & rx.

You may find this datasheet useful

https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...d/link/id/210/

page 52 explains the pins to GPIO relationship with the display and the MOTG-RS232 is explained in more detail on page 27

Best regards

Paul

Comment

So am I suppose to mount the a2 board using tape to the back of the display as it does not have any slot / mounts to connect the a2 board to the back of the 4.3 display ???

Comment

The the solder joins just an observation from a layman perspective would not switched be a better option so that it’s easy to change the state do the joins back and forth if needed ???

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedlessAustralia View Post
          So am I suppose to mount the a2 board using tape to the back of the display as it does not have any slot / mounts to connect the a2 board to the back of the 4.3 display ???
          Yes but we may have a better solution available and I will have to get back to you on this to check on availability of a new release of AC board.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	25C83892-AFE0-4A01-94A1-2ADA7255E777.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	73175 As when I mount it even the position for the cable looks very messy as per photo

Comment

• James_4DSystems
              James_4DSystems commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have a read the MOTG Datasheet it might explain why that is the case.

The AC2 board was originally designed for the modules listed under the MOTG-RS232 board you have on there now, its on the PCB. 3.2" and 3.5". It however will work on the 4.3", 5", 7" etc, but its just not the perfect fit as it was never designed for those modules.

There is a 4.3" MOTG AC4 Board which has just recently been designed due to customer requests, but is not yet on the website, and that is designed for the 4.3" display. It fits perfectly to the plastic, which you adhere it with double sided tape. Its designed for prototyping and development.

The AC2 board can be used for the 4.3", but its size is not ideal.

The AC4 board, as mentioned, has not been released yet, but we should have some units of it available.

Hi James

I did read the sheet where if said it was designed did the smaller size and read the “but will work with larger....” so hence I ordered it

nor realising it was a size issue just focused o. That it would work with larger boards

so yes I will be wanting to exchange it bc for t hi e we 4.3 version

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Working...
            X