This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound from uLCD-35DT onboard speaker

I recently purchased 2x uLCD-35DT R20 boards. I'm using the Genie environment of Workshop 4. I'm attempting to use the onboard speaker to play a sound with no luck. I searched the forum and couldn't find a solution. I have the C/D jumper installed, and have added a small .wav file to a sounds0 Sound object. I'm trying to use the GTX program to send a play sound command. I get the following result:

Set Sounds Value 13:59:45.371 [01 16 00 00 00 17]
    ACK 13:59:45.403 [06]

I get an ACK from the board, but no sound is played. Do I need to set the volume, or another setting? I tried sending the same HEX using Terminal 115200 with the same result (ACK received, no sound from the board).

Thanks for your help!
    MDR

Hi,

Can you test your modules using the project I've attached just to check if it has any sound coming from the speakers.
    Just upload the project into your display and copy the Chimes.wav file into the uSD card, it should play a looped message alert tone.

Best Regards,
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the fast response! I deleted all the files off of the SD card and uploaded the project you sent plus the WAV file and it played (over and over and over). So the board/speaker/amplifier appears to be working. I swapped out the WAV file I was using previously, and that played too. Sounds like I have an issue with the Genie project/setup/test?

Thanks!
      MDR

Comment

Hi,

Glad to know your hardware is working fine. You can also check this application note regarding sound playback in ViSi-genie https://docs.4dsystems.com.au/app-note/4D-AN-00006. If you want me to check your project, you could send me you project here or through email [email protected].

Best Regards,

Comment

Thanks Jerson! Initially I could get the sound to play through serial (on the Arduino), but not in Workshop. I went through and formatted all the SD cards and updated Workshop and sound now plays through the speaker. I think I'm set for now - thank you for your help!
          MDR

Comment

Working...
          X