Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need Help, Arduino DUE + Diablo 9.0" uLCD90DCT communication is to slow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help, Arduino DUE + Diablo 9.0" uLCD90DCT communication is to slow!

Hi everybody!

I have a problem integrating arduino DUE + Diablo 9.0" uLCD90DCT, the Display is very slow, I've already tested with suggested delay times after the reset with times from 3.5 to 7 secs and its still updating the LCD very slow (communications at 200k bauds both Ard+LCD and tested at slower baudrates). I Have the same versión of the graphic interface for a Gen4-uLCD-35DCT that works fine with the Arduino DUE, It only changes the Workshop project files, one is for the Gen4-uLCD-35DCT and the another for Diablo 9.0" uLCD90DCT. I´m working on Visi Genie.

Arduino DUE code is the same cause is the same graphic interface (bigger and smaller)

Arduino DUE + Gen4-uLCD-35DCT - Works fine
    Arduino DUE + uLCD90DCT - Works very slow - I've already tested it with the GTX tool at 200000 bauds and works fine with this tool.

Perhaps something in the LCD configuration, workshop or driver is missing!

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Hello,

Can you please give more detail on what you are classing as 'slow' ?
    What are you showing on the display or trying to do exactly?
    Can you make a video or provide your projects?

I would doubt this would be Workshop4, PmmC or Driver related to be honest.

Typically when things go slow with genieArduino its because something is out of sync, a mismatch of baud rates, writing to objects which don't exist in the display project, etc. If you can provide your code, that would make the job easier to diagnose.

EDIT: Another option could be a perceived speed difference between a full screen 3.5" project and a full screen 9.0" project. Have you simply scaled your project so everything is larger, filling the 9", and wondering why the speed on the 9" is slower than the 3.5"? If you run the 3.5" sized project on the 9" so its only in 1 corner, is the speed about the same?

Regards
    James

Comment

Hi James!

Thanks for your answer, here I'm sending the video of both the LCDs working with the same Arduino program and the program files of both LCDs an the .ino file... As you can see in the video, the case of the 9.0" LCD works very slow, and the 3.5" LCD works fine... I dont know yet makes it work slowly and I'm still trying to find out what happens...

Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

I,m sorry I cannot upload the video (is big)!

This is the link:
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDT...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• James_4DSystems
          James_4DSystems commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks - requested access to the video. Ill take a look when its granted.

Hi!

Now you have acces to the video!

Comment

Yes received, thanks.

While we check this out, can you answer a few more questions.

How are you powering this setup exactly? 5V from USB into the Arduino, and display is powered off the same 5V bus off the Arduino? Or you have an external supply for the display?
          9" is a pretty large display and draws a bit of current, so if you are running it off the USB which is common to the Arduino, you might have a problem there. I noticed it reset more than once when it was starting up, something doesn't seem right there.

We are looking at the projects now to see if there could be anything in there which doesn't look right.

While waiting, do you want to try and power the display from a 5V source of its own, common ground as the Arduino, and see if that improves things?
          James

Comment

James

Here you are!

How are you powering this setup exactly? 5V from USB into the Arduino, and display is powered off the same 5V bus off the Arduino? Or you have an external supply for the display?
            R1: It is powered from Arduino 5V Power supply which comes from the PC, Maybe I have to test with an external Power Supply...

9" is a pretty large display and draws a bit of current, so if you are running it off the USB which is common to the Arduino, you might have a problem there. I noticed it reset more than once when it was starting up, something doesn't seem right there.

R2: In the .ino file is the reset code lines, it's a good observation from you, the reset done twice, perhaps is because of the power supply, I will check it out!

We are looking at the projects now to see if there could be anything in there which doesn't look right.
            R3: OK!

While waiting, do you want to try and power the display from a 5V source of its own, common ground as the Arduino, and see if that improves things?
            R4: Yes I'll do it and let you know

Thanks

Comment

• James_4DSystems
              Editing a comment
              Great. What I suspect might be happening is after the first reset and pause of 3500 in your code, you then set the contrast to 15, which is higher than the default it ships with in the PmmC default. It seems potentially at this point the display is browning out and resetting again. At this point, the Arduino is already sending Genie comms to the display, so when the display powers up again, its out of sync and maybe is getting parts of messages but its not in sync.
              So please, try a bench supply and see if that helps.

Hi! James I've already tested the 9.0" LCD with an external power supply and it does work!

Thank you very much!

Comment

• James_4DSystems
              Editing a comment
              Excellent, great to hear!
              Hopefully you have a suitable power supply for your end product, so this wont be an issue for you.
              Regards
              James

Hi James!

Here I'm again, continuing with the testings, Once the seems to be working, I realized that every time and wherever I touch the screen LCD, LCD digits displays and LED indicators get frozen, and push buttons desn't actuate so I need to reset the circuits in order to see the LCD working again, I don't know if the LCD is getting unsinchronized.
            After a new startup of the 9.0" LCD, digit displays and LED indicators work fine, but when I touch a button again, or any other place of the touchscreen these indicators get frozen!
            Have you ever solved any issue like this?
            This doesn't happen whit the 3.5" LCD...

Regards!

Comment

• James_4DSystems
              Editing a comment
              Hi again. OK, ill take another look at this.
              Have you tried a lower baud rate, just as a test? Maybe 115200, just as a test to see if it still happens?
              So your external power supply is powering both display and Arduino now from an external 5V supply, or just the display and the Arduino is still on USB power?
              If I was to put your project on an Arduino and on a 9", will it run for me or does it require external components to have it run? Just wondering if I can try and simulate what you have, here, and see if I get the same thing.
              Regards
              James

Hi James...

Another thing that I found is when I added a LCD Form with Widgets into my project, I mean, The LCD didn't work like the first time, in which I could touch any Screen area and buttons without it got frozzen, this happened untill I was adding LCD Forms and Widgets into my project It got frozzen!

One thing that I've been observing was the amount of LCD run RAM memory, whe it grows beyond 7254 bytes, the problem appears and when It compiles and takes more than that Run RAM size, and when it takes less than that memory the problem disappears!

Here I append some pictures of the Workshop4 Output window with run RAM sizes and another of the LCD running with a message about one Address Trap (I don't know what it means)!

Regards...
            Attached Files

Comment

Just at this moment it doesn't work, always appears the message "ADDRESS TRAP PC=1 SP =-2035 UserHeap 218 SysHeap V2" in the upper left corner of the LCD as in the picture!
              I'm stuck on this!

Comment

• Juniel Cruz
                Juniel Cruz commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi there,

You mentioned you added some Forms to the project. Have you confirmed the 35DCT to work fine with same additional widgets?

Hi!

Have you confirmed the 35DCT to work fine with same additional widgets?

Yes, the 35DCT works fine with the same additional forms w/widgets!

Comment

Looks to me you are trying to Read and Write to objects which don't exist. Can't do that, as it causes problems (like this).

Please check.

Slider0, LedDigits4.
                Attached Files
                James

Comment

Potentially even more, Windbuttons too. Your program only has 0, 2, 15, 20, but you are looking for more in your Arduino code.
                  Attached Files
                  James

Comment

But this problem isn't happening with the 35DCT and is the same arduino code!
                    I'm worried about the message "ADDRESS TRAP PC=1 SP =-2035 UserHeap 218 SysHeap V2"! in the 90DCT Display...

Comment

Working...
                    X