Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gen4-4Dcape-43CT-CLB - bad image (flickery, stripey, ghosty)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luke1234
    replied
    Thank you for your reply.
    The flex cable is not damaged, I tried a spare one from a different LCD, with exactly the same outcome. Everything is tight on the board as well. I will submit a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Jerson
    replied
    Hi,

Can you check if the display flex is not torn and/or the connector is tightened properly on the board.
    You can also submit a ticket at https://4dsystems.com.au/support if that is not the issue.

Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• New Gen4-4Dcape-43CT-CLB - bad image (flickery, stripey, ghosty)

Hi,

I got a brand new Gen4-4Dcape-43CT-CLB cape + display, running on a BBB with freshly downloaded Debian 10.3 (console and GUI versions).

The display works but the images are flickery and showing something that looks like ghosting and striping. Hard to describe, please see the attached images (for Debian GUI and console). The touch seems to work perfectly in the GUI version.

I have tried:
    1. Two different BBBs (wired and wireless).
    2. A spare ribbon cable.
    3. I have reconnected the ribbons several times, pressing on them while the display is running did not make any difference.
    4. The EEPROM ID switch did not make any difference (not that I thought it would).
    5. The older version of Debian give similar images.
    There are no other capes or anything else connected, just BBB, the LCD and a 3A power supply.

Any ideas? Did I get a bad unit (bought from Element14, Australia)?

Thanks in advance,
    Luke
    Attached Files
Working...
X