Command line LoadProgram and PMMCLOADER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line LoadProgram and PMMCLOADER

To manufacture our own display boards with a PICASO chip we need to write a PMMC and a 4XE into the PICASO.

Start /w PMMCLOADER.EXE file.pmmc 1

Start /w LoadProgram.exe file.4xe 1

This works fine, until no error occurs. In case of an error a popup message or the GUI is shown. Is there a way, only get a return code ( errorcode ) at the command line, if an error occurs?

Any ideas what I can do?

It does return an error on the command line... Check %errorlevel%
    Mark

Comment

Hi,

thank you for your reply.
      I know, the status is in the %errorlevel%. But if an error occurs, the GUI of the program comes up. This is not what I want to have in an automatic programming environment.

Best regards

Comment

Right, can you show me the error message that pops up, the test I did didn't display a popup, so it must be some 'other' case.
        Mark

Comment

For example, if the display is not connected to the com port:

PMMCLOADER: %errorlevel% == -2

Click image for larger version

Name:	pmmc_error.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	73482

Loadprogram: %errorlevel% == 0

Click image for larger version

Name:	loadprogram_error.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	73483

Best Regards

Comment

There's a big issue with passing command line arguments to windows programs as there's an unwritten 'Do you want some GUI responses or not?' Since it's impossible for a Windows program to write to the command line (by not thinking during design IMO), if you really want a full command line response it's better to use a command line program. So, I think, in your case you'd be better off using ScriptC, which I believe you are aware of.
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X