Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PmmC firmware update for gen4-uLCD-35D

Hello,
    I bought the display gen4-uLCD-35D, the software Workshop4 IDE 4 warns me before the firmware upload that the PmmC firmware is to be updated, but unfortunately the automatic procedure does not work, and the file for the is not present in the default folder. How can I download the PmmC firmware?
    Thank you!

Hello,

What PmmC/Driver do you currently have, and what is it saying is available to update?
    Workshop4 automatically downloads updated PmmC's and Drivers from our website when Workshop4 starts up, so unless you have it blocked by a firewall it should always stay up to date.
    Please can you give more details, and if possible some screenshots of what you are seeing.

Regards
    James

Comment

Originally posted by James_4DSystems View Post
      Hello,

What PmmC/Driver do you currently have, and what is it saying is available to update?
      Workshop4 automatically downloads updated PmmC's and Drivers from our website when Workshop4 starts up, so unless you have it blocked by a firewall it should always stay up to date.
      Please can you give more details, and if possible some screenshots of what you are seeing.

Regards
      I tried on two different PC with the same result, I attach the screen with the error received. If I try to update manually and go to the folder where all the PmmCs are, I can't find the firmware for gen4-uLCD-35D.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-10-06 15.56.05.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	74000

Comment

Hello,

OK, I see the problem.
        So that driver was missing off our server (It has been added now), but the prompt you were getting was because your PmmC is version 2.0 (shown as 20) and there is an update available. But since there was no Driver at all for that model on the server, the Automatic update is failing.

Please close workshop, and open it again, it should download the driver automatically. You should then be able to do the automatic update, which will just update the PmmC for you, but shouldnt present you with this error any more. The driver has not changed, so only the PmmC will update.

Please let me know if you have any more problems

Regards
        James

Comment

Working...
        X