Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry pi Kernel not Work (GEN4-4DPI-43T)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry pi Kernel not Work (GEN4-4DPI-43T)

I have bought a GEN4-4DPI-43T Display to connect it to a Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi 4.
    I follow the Install procedure that I have downloaded from your Site, but when the Raspberry starts up, they said, that it cannot start the Kernel.
    I have tried it with 2 Raspberry PI and I got the same result.
    what could be the problem?
    Thank you

Good day!

Can you provide us with a bit more information regarding your issue?

A screenshot of the message shown would be really helpful to understand your situation.

If possible, please also discuss with us the steps you followed. It would be great if you can repeat these steps to see if there was any error that occurred during the process.

Best Regards,
    Juniel Cruz

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the fast respond, I follow the Downloaded Installprocedure from you Web Site:

gen4-4DPI-XXT-CT-CLB - GETTING STARTED MANUAL = > https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...d/link/id/731/

I got this Message, and after a Black Screen:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Raspberry.png
Views:	34
Size:	691.0 KB
ID:	73984

Comment

Good day!

Can you tell me what version of Raspberry Pi OS are you using?

If you are following the Getting Starting Manual completely, that must mean you are using the latest Raspberry Pi OS (kernel version 5.4.51) and our kernel package which was made for Kernel version 4.14.34.

Instead, you should try using the Raspbian OS with the same kernel version. You can find it here.

Best Regards,
        Juniel Cruz

Comment

Hi Juniel,

I have the following Kernel Version 5.4.51 10.8.2020, Installed with the Raspberry PC Windows Image Tool.

I have installed the file from your link "gen4-hats_5-4-68.tar.gz" and now it works.

I follow the Manual to calibrate the Display, and I found a little error on the step 3:

Manual Said: sudo mv /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10evdev.conf/usr/share /X11/xorg.conf.d/45-evdev.conf

but must be: sudo mv /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf /usr/share /X11/xorg.conf.d/45-evdev.conf

Thank you for your fast an good Support, it’s very nice to know that the Support is also as good as the Product

Kind regards

Comment

Thank you for your compliments.

The version I sent you via your ticket inquiry is not yet officially released but it will be soon. The documentations will also be updated accordingly.

Have you tried it with both Raspberry Pi 3 and 4? It would be great to know if you didn't find any issue with both of them.

Regards
            Juniel Cruz

Comment

I first did the installation with the Raspberry Pi 4 and then with the Raspberry PI 3.

It worked on both systems, I observed two things:
              1- When starting the software, this message appears:

Name:	image.png
Views:	26
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	74013

2- I used a keyboard with a Swiss layout, which is selected and correctly recognized when installing the Rasperry OS, after the installation of your kernel, the selection Swiss layout is still in the menu, but when I press the keys on the keyboard, it comes different symbols than those from the selected keyboard.

regards

Comment

Good day!

When starting the software, this message appears:

Name:	image.png
Views:	26
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	74013
                I'm currently trying to figure out where this is coming from. It seems to be a common Raspberry Pi inquiry but I haven't found any definite cause and solution. Have you noticed if this is affecting anything when you're using the Raspberry Pi?

I used a keyboard with a Swiss layout, which is selected and correctly recognized when installing the Raspberry OS, after the installation of your kernel, the selection Swiss layout is still in the menu, but when I press the keys on the keyboard, it comes different symbols than those from the selected keyboard.
                Regarding this, I can't seem to replicate it, at least not yet. Perhaps we are doing things a bit differently.

Are you setting up Raspberry Pi from a Monitor and Keyboard/Mouse setup? If so, you must have setup your keyboard before extracting our kernel package. When you said different symbols, does it appear to be using the default keyboard layout?

However, I don't think the package can affect this. I'll also try to do more tests on my end.

Best Regards
                Juniel Cruz

Comment

Working...
                X