Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOD-09TH Display Image from server

Hi,

I've been playing with the IOD-09TH display and I want to render an image server side and send it down to the device. I thought I could use the printimageWifi function for this, but I just get an exception and the device resets.

Does this function work?

What is the best way of doing this kind of thing as I've seen all sorts of options using bitmaps and jpeg decoders, but for time being I just want something simple and fast. I've already written a gci decoder app in node.js, so was going to write the encoder so that I could make the gci images on the fly and send them down to the device.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

Hi,

I will carry out some tests with the printimageWifi function in case something has changed in the core that has impacted the function. printimageWifi was extensively tested prior to being released so any changes that are needed will be carried out and I will update you with a solution as soon as possible.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

Could you please try the attached library and let me know if it has solved your issue.
      Since it has been modified it has been working flawlessly each time.

This is the command I used for a local server

gfx.PrintImageWifi("192.168.0.22", 8000, "PRINTI~1.gci");

Bets regards'

Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

Can you please also test with this sample. And can you provide me the sample image you used so that I can try it please?

Thanks,

Rob Smart
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rob,

Yep, your emoji image displayed as expected. I was a bit surpised that the filename has to be exact in terms of case.

I've attached my image below.

At the moment I am using ESP8266 core 2.7.1, maybe you could try and match my core and I will update to see if a different issue occurs.

Best regards

Paul

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

OK, that works now.

Its just a bit slow.

Is there a faster way to draw images on the device?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Rob,

A jpeg decoder can do this a lot faster but we don't have support for it in the library but somewhere I have an example of a jpeg sent over Wifi by UDP. There was a camera on one side and would achieve somewhere in the region of 8 / 9 fps. Can you bear with me a short while and I will find it and assess how easy it would be to work with a server file rather than camera feed via UDP.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X