X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen4-4dpi-50CT-CLB

Hi,
    I have a Gen4-4dpi-50CT-CLB connected to a Raspberry Pi Zero W running the X11 graphical interface.
    I generally use it to continuously display the status of a hydraulic piston.
    The problem is that after a while the screen turns off and I have to move the mouse or touch the screen to display it again.
    Where can I set the screen to never turn off?

DragoČ™.

Hello Dragos,

This wont have anything to do with the 4DPi, its more a Raspbian question. However googling I found this.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...erences%20menu.

I hope that helps

Regards
    James

Comment

Hi James,
      Thanks for your answer.
      When I set "disable screen blanking" in raspi-config, after reboot my ZeroW's X11 screen goes to xdmi output instead of gen4 display.

Comment

Hi Dragos,

Have you tried disabling screen blanking before extracting the kernel package?

If not, can you please and let me know if the output still displays to the HDMI?

Best Regards
        Juniel Cruz

Comment

Hi,
          I will try.

Comment

Hi again.
            Somehow I managed to configure Xscreensaver and now the display does not close. Thanks!

Now I have a pretty serious problem: I can't make the touch-screen work. I configured the use of I2C from raspi-config (I connected an ADS1115 converter), I configured from /etc/modules the loading of the display modules, in general I did almost everything that was written on the similar topic on the 7 "display.
            Unfortunately, it doesn't work: when I touch the screen, the cursor goes to the top left corner and that's it.

The system configuration is RPI 3B + with
            >[email protected]: / $ uname -a
            >Linux raspberrypi 4.19.97-v7 + # 1 SMP Wed Mar 4 12:00:49 PST 2020 armv7l GNU / Linux

The latest software version downloaded here from the site for the kernel patch.

Comment

Good day!

Originally posted by DragosP View Post
              I configured the use of I2C from raspi-config (I connected an ADS1115 converter), I configured from /etc/modules the loading of the display modules, in general I did almost everything that was written on the similar topic on the 7 "display.
              Can you point me to the topic your have read so I can have a look? You mentioned you did almost everything. It would help if you can tell me exactly what you've done and what you've skipped.

As you may have realized already, I2C is being utilized for touch and therefore the changes you have made most likely resulted to this.

Best Regards

Juniel Cruz

Comment

Hi!
                https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/72425 Thats's the topic.

Comment

Good day!

I didn't find any instructions in the topic you linked besides this:

Originally posted by frsantiago View Post
                  You can also try to uncomment

#dtoverlay=4dpi-70ct from config.txt and try if the touch will now work.
                  Are you telling me you did the same as the person who raised the forum topic? It didn't seem that the forum thread you linked has concluded. There was no response as to whether the procedure provided success or not.

However, as mentioned in the thread, 4DPi uses its own custom driver for touch which is installed when you extract the kernel package. This driver utilizes the I2C bus. At the moment, I can only say that the configuration adjustments you have followed to get the other I2C device (ADS1115) working is conflicting with the display's touch.

Would you be able to point me to the procedure you followed to setup ADS1115?

Best Regards
                  Juniel Cruz

Comment

Hi,
                    The touchscreen don't work even ads1115 are or not present on I2C bus, or if it runs software that initializes the chip.
                    So, what can I do?
                    Last edited by DragosP; 18 December 2020, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Good day,

Originally posted by DragosP View Post
                      Hi,
                      The touchscreen don't work even ads1115 are or not present on I2C bus, or if it runs software that initializes the chip.
                      So, what can I do?
                      If this is after you've done your modified configuration and you simply removed the ADS1115, you might want to backup your SD card to your PC and start over.

If touch is not working even after successfully setting up / extracting the 4DPi kernel package to a fresh Raspberry Pi OS, please let me know.

Best Regards,
                      Juniel Cruz

Comment

Hi,
                        No, is not working.
                        As I mentioned before: "when I touch the screen, the cursor goes to the top left corner and that's it.".

Comment

Good day!

I have a few questions:
                          1. What Raspberry Pi OS version are you using?
                          2. What 4DPi kernel package are you using?
                          When using a 4DPi, it is best to select matching kernel versions. Currently, the latest 4DPi kernel release has kernel version 5.4.68. The Raspberry Pi OS release which is best suited for this kernel package was released on 2020-08-20.

If you've tried using this configuration and you are still having this issue. Please submit a support ticket here and add a link to this forum thread in your discussion.

Best Regards
                          Juniel Cruz

Comment

Hi.
                            I already said: the latest versions that are for downloading. For both the operating system and the kernel.

Sorry, it seems not to be the really latest version but the latest downloaded using the links in 4dpi documentation.
                            My version are:
                            -2020-02-13-raspbian-buster (for os)
                            -4.19.97-v7+ #1 SMP Wed Mar 4 12:00:49 PST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux (for kernel).
                            Last edited by DragosP; 21 December 2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Hi again!
                              Installing manually the 5.4.68 kernel, solve my problem.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X