Getting started with 13P2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started with 13P2

I'm not sure if I have a hardware or a software problem but I'm struggling to get the screen to display anything. From the documentation it seems to be pretty straightforward so maybe I'm just missing something simple.

First issue I seem to have is that when trying to transfer any programs to the screen using the genie interface I always get the message "FileTransfer failed, run stand alone and check produced messages." Curiously, the log reports 0 errors, 0 warnings and ultimately that "Download to Flash successful" but nothing is display on the screed. I can see text on the screen during the download process so I know the screen is not complete broken but it always reverts to a blank/black screen.

I note that using GTX I can poll screen and get acknowledgements for setting values, etc., so I assume that the program is on the screen - it least it responds like it is but nothing is displayed on the screen...

I've also tried transferring the .gcf file manually (assuming that's the correct thing to do) but the results are the same as above.

I'm guessing I'm missing something really simple and will be kicking myself for it but I'd appreciate any pointers on this one.

Good day!

What programming module are you currently using?

If you are using a gen4-PA, 4D-UPA or any programmer that uses CP210x chip, the default Windows driver have introduced an issue that doesn't exist in older releases from SiLabs. Therefore, I suggest installing an older release. If you go to this link CP210x Windows Drivers, you can find the drivers for Windows.

Notice that there are 2 Windows versions "Universal Windows" and "Windows". The "Windows" version seems to be most reliable at the moment.

If you are using a different programmer which doesn't use CP210x, please let us know.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Sep; 22 December 2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm using the 4D-UPA which came packaged with the screen. I'll update the drivers as suggested and have a test later this afternoon and report back.

Comment

Did anything get resolved on this issue? I have the same issue.

I have also updated the Windows drivers without any change in outcome.

Your help appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• JamesMarcus
          JamesMarcus commented
          Editing a comment
          Note: Just moved to the 4D-UPA (was using the 4D programming cable) and it works.

Having same issue. anyone got any progress on this? using 4d-upa with suggested drivers on win 10 and can not get anything to display on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by hatzo View Post
          Having same issue. anyone got any progress on this? using 4d-upa with suggested drivers on win 10 and can not get anything to display on the screen.
          so I just decided to install on a win7 vm and I seem to be able to get code to the device and display images however using gtx I can get no response from the display. I cant send contrast commands or any other action.

Comment

Originally posted by hatzo View Post

so I just decided to install on a win7 vm and I seem to be able to get code to the device and display images however using gtx I can get no response from the display. I cant send contrast commands or any other action.
            After checking out the forum for a while I found a thread that talks about com ports used by upa and genie so under file--> options I changes both serial and genie tabs to use com port 1 and that has now solved my problem I can communicate with the board via gtx

Comment

Working...
            X