Writing to Internal LedDigits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing to Internal LedDigits

Can someone please post an example of the the write object code for the ILED Digits. I have updated my Arduino genie library to the latest 1.51 file and the name shows as being recognized by the library in the Arduino code. However, when I run the program the ILED digits do not display the T4 valve, and I know the controller is sending the values because I have gauges and old style LED digits that display the value. Below is what I am currently trying to use for the write object code:

genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_ILED_DIGITS, 0x00, T4);
    genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_ILED_DIGITS, 0x01, T4);
    genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_ILED_DIGITS, 0x02, T4);

T4 is a temperature value from a thermistor formula. The ILED Digit Displays are on form 1.

Good day!

Thank you for sending us an inquiry,

The code you are using seems to be working on my end.

As you already know, you can simply use the WriteObject function from the genieArduino library to update any widget on your ViSi Genie Project. In addition to that, there are new functions in the library that are dedicated to internal led digits. These widgets provide an easy way to update the widget depending on the configuration you set on your project: 16-bit value, 32-bit float value, or 32-bit integer value.

This provides you an easy way to write int, float, and long values directly to the widget. Note that the internal led digits need to configure to your desired Format as shown in the image below :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (189).png
Views:	174
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	74633

You can find more information about these functions from the GitHub page. Here are the direct links to those functions:
    Additionally, here are some application notes related to your inquiry:
    Hope this helps,

Best regards

Comment

Thank you very much. Sorry for the extremely long time to reply. I corrected the code and screen is displaying values.

Comment

Working...
      X