Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font help

Hi Guys,
    I am new to using 4D displays, I hope I can get some guidance with a project.
    Here what I want to do:
    I want to bring in a few 3rd party fonts into my Gen4-uLCD-24PT display. I would like to store these fonts on a FAT16 partition, as I am using that to store some backgrounds(which I did get to work) on the uSD card. I am using a ZX-24 micro controller and sending serial commands to the display.

Here’s what I have tried:
    I couldn’t find a font tool on the 4D workshop application, and but found FontTool ver 0.3.02. I used that to convert to a .GCI file. I then put that file on to a uSD card. I read that I would also need a .dat file. I used the the 4D workshop, Visi app, and created a “dummy” .dat file. That also was copied to the uSD card. This card was then placed into the display.
    I used the “Load Image Control” serial command, and loaded the two files from the uSD card. I did get a handle response, and used that number in the “Set Font command”. But when I try to print a character or string, I get one of the default fonts.

I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Good day!

Apologies for the delay.

As you might already know, we were on holiday break and we've just officially reopened today. This means we have little support staff to handle support inquiries during that period and other forum users might not be active as well during the past few weeks.

You don't need a separate Font Tool to use separately. It is easier to use Workshop4 ViSi or ViSi Genie environments to generate all graphics files that you need, including fonts. To generate the font you need, simply create a String object and change it's font to a custom font.

I've created a sample ViSi Genie project which generates 1 font (this includes a dat and gci file). Note that the file extension is named d01 and g01. "01" corresponds to the String number in the project. But feel free to rename them as you want as long as it follows the 8.3 filename format.

You can then use these files in your Serial SPE project.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Attached Files
    Juniel Cruz

Comment

Working...
    X