Switching frames via host mcu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching frames via host mcu

I have a GEN4-ULCD-32DCT-CLB-AR on which I intend to create 5 or 6 frames using ViSi Genie. The user will switch between some of these frames via the touch interface. Additionally, I want the host MCU (Arduino or PIC) to be able to programmatically switch frames before writing to/reading from, certain elements on the selected frame.
    I've successfully created a couple of simple test frames and the manual (user touch) switching is OK and well understood.
    I have 3 questions:
    1) Is this possible with the standard IDE - or do I need the PRO version?
    2) If it is possible, is there an app. note detailing this?
    3) If the above is not possible at all, could I do it by programming the GPIO pin state on the display to effect a transition on command from my MCU? I could connect 3 IO pins and then have up to 8 frames in my list.

Hi KKrause,

Welcome to the Forum!

I just want to clarify if the frames that you mentioned are similar to pages or forms?

If that is the case, then you can use the command genie.WriteObject(). It should look something like this:
    Code:
    genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_FORM, 2, 0); // changes the form to form2
    1) Is this possible with the standard IDE - or do I need the PRO version?
    This is possible in the Standard IDE + Arduino.

2) If it is possible, is there an app. note detailing this?
    You may look at this app note to know more about the genie.WriteObect() command under the Navigate to a New Form section: ViSi-Genie Writing to Genie Objects Using an Arduino Host (4dsystems.com.au)

Hope this helps and Best Regards,
    Eran

Comment

Hi Eran,
      Thanks for your help.
      Yes, I did mean to write "forms" - I have some new terminology to get used to!
      I'll try these things out shortly.
      Incidentally, I have just purchased a pro licence as I think it will useful to have anyway, but it's good that I can try while I'm waiting for the activation key...
      Best Regards
      Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin,

I'm glad that I could be of help.
        Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Best Regards,
        Eran

Comment

Working...
        X