Device not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device not responding

I have a problem connecting uOLED 160-G2 to workshop (Serial). I am using an FTDI cable (tx -tx, rx-rx) to connect the screen to the computer the screen works and "comms" tab detects the display correctly, but after scanning it fails ("Device not responding"), however the Serial Commander works perfectly.

Thank you.

Hello,

You cannot use an off the shelf FTDI cable, if it is not one of our programmers, as the handling of the RESET line is likely completely different.

Serial commander works with serial TX/RX only, programming and anything pmmC related requires the Reset line to operate to 4D spec, which is why yours is likely failing.
    There are warnings through most of our datasheets about using 4D programmers only as you can actually brick the processor.

I hope that is of some help, and I suggest you get a 4D programmer (Programming Cable, uUSB-PA5, or uUSB-PA5-II) and you shouldn't have any more problems.

If you are using a 4D Programmer, then please provide more information.

Maybe this forum post from 3 weeks ago will help, https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/74912

Regards
    James

Comment

Working...
    X