Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi gague project

Hi there. making my first steps with pixxiLCD-13P2
    My idea is to create a small circular gauge (for custom motorcycle) for several sensors (oil temp, oil press, boost, volts etc.).
    My idea is to make it work with proper screen (form) for every parameter and switch between forms (screen) to see each gauge at the time.I see that I can put every gauge on separate form Now my question is how can i switch forms on non touch display.

Another issue I have is that I can not achieve to display background. it apears on the PC screen but not on pixxi. It only displays the gauge.
    And also have question : Using 4D-UPA + usb cable how to connect all those sensors (thru Arduino ?)
    Any suggestions.
    Un saludo
    Jacek Mielniczuk ( Broda )

Hi,

Now my question is how can i switch forms on non touch display.
    For switching the forms, you can use the Visi Genie Arduino function example below:

genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_FORM, 1, 0); // Switch to form1

Another issue I have is that I can not achieve to display background. it appears on the PC screen but not on pixxi. It only displays the gauge.
    This is usually the issue with the driver of the programmer. Try to install the CP210x Universal Windows Driver then restart the Workshop4 IDE. If this does not work, try installing the CP210x VCP Windows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cp210xdriverdownload.png
Views:	207
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	75497

You can download these drivers through this link: CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers

Using 4D-UPA + usb cable how to connect all those sensors (thru Arduino ?)
    You can connect sensors through an Arduino host and display readings to the Visi Genie display.

Best regards.

Comment

Thank You. I´ll try his.
      another thing
      Its about boost gauge and oil temp gauge. for what I see in the PC (Workshop4 ) i can set values like min -30 max 30 (psi of boost ) or 40 to 160 (ºC of oil temp) .
      the problem I have is that on pixxi display apears "funny" values i.eg 20.11 and so .only when I set the min Val as 0 it displays the same values like in the PC´s previev screen. any solution?
      Best regards. Broda

Comment

• James_4DSystems
        James_4DSystems commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, Data you send always start from 0, so if the display has -30 to +30 scale, you still write from 0 for the data, so in this case it would be 0 to 61 to give you the -30 to +30 range. Likewise for 40 to 160, it would be 0 to 120 you send.

Ok. well , sorry , as you can see I am quite green in this electronic -programing digital world so i just confused values(data) with labels what you see on display permanenly.
      What I´ve describe in former post is about labels.

Name:	Sin título3.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	75508
      Now I understand the data as a value that is shown by the position of the needle (is this case).
      So how to achieve that pixxi display shows the labels the same way as in the Workshop4 "previev"in PC?
      Best regards
      Broda

Comment

Hi,

To help you better with your project, can you share your project with us?

To share your complete project, you can follow this article: How can I share my project?

Best regards.

Comment

Hi there. I just sent the zipped project to your webmaster... . Hope this is the way to share my project with you.
          best regards
          Broda

Comment

• James_4DSystems
            Editing a comment
            Hi Broda,
            Not the normal way no, but it has been passed to Ivan, he will respond tomorrow (Monday) when back at work.

Hi again, looks that I finally found the way to put correct labels in. Now pixxi displays the same labels like in computer screen.
          I have tried to "install" STATIC TEXT but doesn´t apear in pixxi.
          Sure I am doing something wrong. ay suggestions?
          Best regards
          Broda

Comment

Hi James, thank you for helping me, btw, what is the correct way, I mean after compress the project with Zip
            Attached Files

Comment

• James_4DSystems
              Editing a comment
              Like you have done here. Or if you want it private and not available for anyone to download, you would create a ticket on our website and submit it that way, and reference the ticket back to your forum post.

Hi there, As you can see, I´m trying to do it right and here is the latest version of my project (so far ) bro displ1.zip

Comment

Hi,

I have tried to "install" STATIC TEXT but doesn´t appear in pixxi.
              Have you tried to install the drivers that I mentioned before? If not, please do. As I said before, this is usually a programmer's driver issue.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi there, Iván, yes I did install those drivers, restart the Workshop and still have the same thing. I've shared my project up there, if you want to see.
                Best regards
                Broda

Comment

Hi again, Ivan , you have mentioned Arduino host to manage various sensors. wonder if Arduino Nano could help or has to be Uno (it´s about space).
                  Best regards
                  Broda

Comment

Hi,

I tried your project on our end, and I didn't encounter any issues so far. However, I noticed that your initial form is set to Form 1 (Form1 boost)

Name:	broddisplay.png
Views:	134
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	75584

Are you perhaps simply looking at a different form? If not and you simply can't see the widget, please send us some actual photos of the issue. If possible please send us a screen video capture of the project uploading.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi
                      just watching different from.. What if I try to install the Workshop again?
                      Best regards
                      ​​​​​​​Broda

Comment

Hi,

If you want to show your desired initial form from the start, you can set it in the initial form under the Project tab as shown in my last reply.

Also, you can use the GTX to try to display the other forms in your project. GTX acts as a host controller

Name:	gtx1.png
Views:	126
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	75593

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                        X