No announcement yet.

multi gague project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, what about Arduino Nano, can I use it as a host?
    Best regards
    Broda

Comment

Hi .still can not see on pixxi the backgroud image and static text.

Comment

Hi,

Hi, what about Arduino Nano, can I use it as a host?
        Any host microcontroller like the Arduino nano can be interface with our display as long as they have at least one serial port and GPIO pin.

Can you send me the actual photos of the issue? also, try re-uploading the project to your display and send me a screen capture video of it.

Best regards.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-05-06-14-15-52-664_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	75601

Comment

Hi, could not attach the video directly, so I put it on YouTube. Hope you can watch it.
            Best regards
            Broda

Last edited by Juniel Cruz; 8 May 2021, 11:32 AM. Reason: Added the video

Comment

Hi, is it possible to make one from (screen) showing analog watch? If yes, how?

Comment

Hi,

Can you specify which driver you installed? Have you tried both of these and still got the issue?

Also, what version of PmmC are you using? In case it is outdated, please update it to the latest version. You can follow the procedure in the article: How can I update my latest to the latest PmmC and/or Driver?

Hi, is it possible to make one from (screen) showing analog watch? If yes, how?
                Yes, you can use the UserImages widget. With this widget, you need to provide all the frames you required. You can generate these frames with any image editing application that you prefer.

Alternatively, in Workshop4 PRO, you have the option of using the Smart Gauge with you can use to generate all frames from few static and moving parts/images. There are also some available examples in Workshop4.

However, keep in mind that this will require a very large space to store the frame images. This will not be suitable for displays without a uSD.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi,
                  I have installed all drivers you sent me,
                  Also pmmc is up to date.
                  Did you see the video I put on YouTube?

Comment

Good day Broda,

As Ivan pointed out before, this issue is most likely due to the driver. I've confirmed this from the video you uploaded in YouTube. Despite the file transfer seemingly being successful, the widgets that requires the files being transferred doesn't appear.

Ivan was asking which driver did you install.

Originally posted by ivan_4d View Post
                    This is usually the issue with the driver of the programmer. Try to install the CP210x Universal Windows Driver then restart the Workshop4 IDE. If this does not work, try installing the CP210x VCP Windows.

Name:	cp210xdriverdownload.png
Views:	116
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	75497

You can download these drivers through this link: CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers
                    As you can see in his message, he instructed you to try an use: CP210x Universal Windows Driver
                    He also added that if it doesn't work, try using CP210x VCP Windows instead

You only need one installed at a time.

Now, going back to his question, which of these two did you install and tested with?

If you are not sure, I would suggest going to Device Manager an uninstall the driver first. You can find it under Ports (COM & LPT).

After uninstalling, install one of the drivers. Restart Workshop4 and open your project and try uploading as you do in the video.

If the version of driver you installed doesn't fix the issue, repeat the process starting from uninstalling the driver. But this time, install the other one.

Lastly, Ivan was also checking what PmmC are you using. You mentioned it is up to date but can you be specific of the version number. It would also be great to know what version of Workshop4 are you using.

Best Regards
                    Juniel Cruz

Comment

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	75620 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	75621

Comment

yuuuu huuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
                        Yeeeep, I reinstall the driver, an now it seems to work.
                        the first driver (universal) did not , but the other did.
                        Thanks for your help guys.
                        till the next issue

Comment

• Juniel Cruz
                          Juniel Cruz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's nice to know.

A piece of advice. You're current design, even though it works as boot, have some issues.

The widgets you got on top of the background image clears the pixels below it with a solid color. That means some of the text you got in the background may be erased as the needle of the gauge changes value.

You will need to consider this in your final design

Name:	IMG_20210508_120305.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	75624

Comment

Hi there.
                          For switching the forms, you can use the Visi Genie Arduino function example below:

genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_FORM, 1, 0); // Switch to form1
                          I pretend to use a push button to switch between the forms. Here i got arduino Nano and 4D-UPA .what shall I do now Click image for larger version

Name:	1620558897443.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	75630

Comment

• Juniel Cruz
                            Juniel Cruz commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It would be best for you not to connect the display via the 4D-UPA. If you have a gen4-IB, you should use that instead. This is because the programmer chip in the 4D-UPA may interfere with the communication between the host and the display.

The suggested development procedure is:
                            - Design your user interface using Workshop4
                            - Verify UI control using GTX
                            - Finalize your design using Workshop4
                            - Connect the display via gen4-IB or directly using a custom board
                            - Start developing for your host controller (in your case, Arduino Nano)

As you can see, it is suggested that you finalize your user interface before programming your host controller. This is to reduce the number of times you have to disconnect the display from the programmer.

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	956.8 KB
ID:	75632

Comment

Hi again,
                            Is this possible to use analog inputs of 4D-UPA to read sensors and switch forms?

Comment

• James_4DSystems
                              James_4DSystems commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hello,
                              The 4D-UPA itself has no analog inputs. The pins on the 4D-UPA are just passed through from the display module itself. What each of the GPIO does you need to reference to the schematic in the Datasheet of the 4D-UPA. It shows what pins of PIXXI end up on the GPIO marked pins of the 4D-UPA.
                              But yes, you can use the GPIO via the 4D-UPA to connect to things, just note what Juniel said in the previous comment that the 4D-UPA will be using the UART to the pixxiLCD display, so if you intend to connect a host then the 4D-UPA is not really the best thing to use here. We have a gen4-Breakout which might be more helpful for the end use, which breaks out all the GPIO and has no programmer on it to tie up the UART.
                          Working...
                          X