Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ViSi Genie Keyboard

Hi everybody,
    I am obviously a beginner in Arduino and 4D Systems display but I am making progress every day!

I created a keypad using Visi Genie and I would like to show the pressed values on another LED Digits object.

Is there a way to do this directly? Or is the only way:
    1. read in the pressed value into the Arduino
    2. store it in a variable
    3. send write the value to the LED digits using Arduino

I also have 3 other LED Digits objects in the same form. 4 in total. Each have a total of 3 significant figures including 1 decimal value. I would like to enter numbers using the keypad and show them on the LED Digits. What would be the best way to switch between the digits? Is it using a button for each LED Digits objects which must be turned on for the LED Digits to receive the entered number?

What is the best way to enter the digits? I have 3 significant figures: XX.X. How can I choose the second figure for example?

I thought of using a counter. For example
    first number entered goes to the decimal digit, the second gets multiplied by 10 then added to the first and the third gets multiplied by 100 and is also added to the sum. The result is then sent to the LED digits. Is there a more direct way I oversaw?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi,

Is there a way to do this directly? Or is the only way:
    1. read in the pressed value into the Arduino
    2. store it in a variable
    3. send write the value to the LED digits using Arduino

Since you are using ViSi Genie, this method is the easiest way to do this. However, in item 1, it should be "wait for Keyboard events from display"

If you want the keyboard to be handled by the display itself, you will need to use ViSi Genie Magic which is a PRO version feature of Workshop4. ViSi Genie Magic allows you to add custom 4DGL code to your ViSi Genie project. This may allow you to add a custom functionality in response to Keyboard events rather than reporting the pressed keys to the display. In this case, instead of setting it to Report Message, you need to set it to a Magic Event that you added.

PRO version is available for a 7-day free trial if you want to test it out.

If you are interested to learn more about this, please let me know.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
    X