Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gen4-uLCD-43DT-SB Touch screen LCD communication with PIC controller

Hello,

I am new to this LCDs/Touchscreen display modules. We are planning to have Microcontroller based projects which include Touch screen and Non-Touch graphics display.

I gone though Workship 4 IDE document which explain how to make the graphics and load to the controller of LCD. but I didn't find anything (May be I have not searched a lot) that how that graphics design on IDE can be changed via PIC Microntroller, is there any library in C language which can be included and call some API in order to send and receive the command from and to LCD

I mean how we can send and receive the command API (I know in hardware perspective they have provide various communication bus and GPIO) but in terms of firmware development.

Any help document would be appreciated..

Thanks
    Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

Its not 100% clear what you are asking.
    What environment in Workshop4 are you using for the gen4-uLCD-43DT-SB ? ViSi? ViSI-Genie? Serial SPE?
    If for example you are using ViSi-Genie, then there is a set protocol you use to communicate with the display, which is documented. We also have some ViSI-Genie libraries on our Github page, which can speed up the process of getting a Host to talk to it.
    All of these details are on the Workshop4 product page, in the Downloads. Lots of documents and links to Github etc (scroll down the bottom of the page)
    https://4dsystems.com.au/workshop4

If you are using Serial SPE, then there is a protocol for that too, a document explaining it all, and also libraries on Github.

For ViSi and Designer, there is no set protocol as you write it yourself from scratch, but all the functions you use to draw the graphics etc are in the Internal Functions Manual for the processor which is in your module, in your case Diablo16.

If you need more help, please reply again with some more specific information about what you are trying to do, what environment in Workshop4 you are using etc, and I can point you closer to what you need if you have not already found it.

Regards
    James

Comment

Thank You James.

I am completely new for this LCD integration. My customer wants me to integrate this LCD for their product. So I am exploring how this LCD will be integrated with PIC microcontroller from MPLAB IDE.

I have an application where i will receive sensor data from the field to my microcontroller and this microcontroller will send data to LCD in order to display in various gauge and bar graphics. Now the question is how my microcontroller will send data to LCD so LCD receive the data and display on Bar and gauge.

Once I design the Graphics from workshop studio how my controller will send data to Graphics in order to changes something on LCD.

Today I am going to install the workshop 4 and explore more about it.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Thanks
      Rakesh Patel
      Last edited by Rakesh; 18 May 2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Hello Rakesh,

How is your exploring going?
        Have you decided what environment in Worskhop4 are you going to use?
        ViSi-Genie?
        Serial SPE?
        Depending which one you choose will determine how you go about making your PIC talk to it, as their protocols are different.
        We do not have a ready-to-go library for PIC, however we do have C libraries which you will need to likely do a little bit of modification for to make run on your PIC.

Waiting to hear from you more information

Regards
        James
        James

Comment

Thanks James,

Yes, I have seen c library which is tested on STM32 (https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Genie-C-Library).

I saw the lead time for the Touch device is very high almost 14 weeks (Mouser) here in India to start with some pilot project. (https://www.mouser.in/ProductDetail/...afTh6NFg%3D%3D)

Thanks
          Rakesh Patel

Comment

Hi Rakesh,

The link for Mouser you gave, shows 14 pcs in stock, with a 14 week lead time for more - correct. So if 14pcs is enough for you to use for your pilot, then those should be immediately available to you.

If unsure, please contact Mouser directly.

Regards
            James

Comment

Working...
            X