Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display two pictures without background

Hi,
    I tried to display two pictures without background, one above the other, but each time I display the second one, the first one disappear.

Can someone help me to do that please?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Hi,

Transparent images on top of each other is not possible with the display. The graphical resources built and used by the display are always opaque. It may appear as transparent only because the background is carried over to the image when the resource is built. This means if you got two transparent images as source it will still be two opaque images when built.

If you want to achieve images on top of each other, you can edit them first with preferred picture editors to generate a single image.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Ivan.

The idea is to display custom gauges.

So now I have a memory problem. I tried to used an image as background to and display image on top, but, please correct me if I'm wrong:

- if an image as a size of 240x240, no matter with or without transparent background, his size will always be 112.51KB?

So with the PixxiLCD-13P2 and the 16MB of flash, I'm limited to 145 image to display.

Best Regards,

Fred

Comment

Hi,

- if an image as a size of 240x240, no matter with or without transparent background, his size will always be 112.51KB?
        Yes, this is true. If you want to save space in your memory, you can use the Internal or Inherent widgets rather than GCI widgets. For efficient memory usage, better to use a needle in the form and use only a fixed background for your custom gauge.

Also, the pixxiLCD-13P2 only has an in-built flash memory where you save the widgets. But, if the project requires more GCI-based widgets it is ideal to use uSD for this.

Furthermore, the SPI flash of this display allows support for GCI widgets to allow primarily logos and icons and small GCI widgets. If uSD is what you require, you can opt to use a different pixxiLCD or contact sales for a custom solution.

Best regards.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation.

I will do a demonstrator with the pixxiLCD-13P2 (the display fit in our case) and will see with sales what if possible to do.

Best regards,
          Fred

Comment

Bonus question: if I unmount the flash chip and solder a uSD on the SPI pads, will it work?

Comment

Yes and No.
              Because Flash and uSD cards are not the same (file system etc), you cant just connect a uSD card as is and have it work, it requires a different PmmC for the display, of which we do have and this can be provided to you if you want to give that a try.
              However you could also solder on a 32MB flash chip to replace the 16MB, if that is enough to do what you want...
              James

Comment

Thanks, I will ask my boss if he wants me to give a try for the uSD card.

Originally posted by ivan_4d View Post
                For efficient memory usage, better to use a needle in the form and use only a fixed background for your custom gauge.
                Could you please explain me how to to that? It would be great! For example for a watch, I can generate the background with HH:MM and use the second's pointer as needle. With a form by minutes.
                If I do a frame for each HHMMSS, I will have 43200 images of 112.51KB that will be more than the 4GB available on a uSD card. :-(

Best regards,

Frederic

Comment

Ok I found the "INeedle"! Good thanks!
                  I will check the result with an image as background.
                  Can I use "userimages" below a Needle?

Thank you a lot for your help! Great forum!

Frederic

Comment

Hi,

It is not ideal to use UserImages widget as a background for the Internal Needle. It is better to utilize the Form Image as background for all widgets to save memory space. Also, the region of the background where the needle swings should be a solid color.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by James_4DSystems View Post
                      Yes and No.
                      Because Flash and uSD cards are not the same (file system etc), you cant just connect a uSD card as is and have it work, it requires a different PmmC for the display, of which we do have and this can be provided to you if you want to give that a try.
                      However you could also solder on a 32MB flash chip to replace the 16MB, if that is enough to do what you want...
                      Dear James, I did some tests and we want to test with a uSD card of 4GB. Could you please share the PmmC for the PixxiLCD-13P2 to use it with a uSD card instead of the 16MB flash, please?
                      Thank you for your help!

Comment

It should be in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\4D Labs\4DUpdates\PmmCs folder and called pixxiLCD-13P2-u-A-R18.PmmC
                        Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark,
                          I did the swap and will try it now!
                          If I want to use the pixxiLCD-13P2-CTP-CLB with the uSD card, I load the PmmC pixxiLCD-13P2CT-CLB-u-A-R18 ?

Comment

Yes, u for uSD and f for Flash
                            Mark

Comment

It works perfectly! thanks for your help!

Fred
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X