Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uOLED displays static on startup

Hello,
    I'm working with a UOLED160-G2 on a custom designed board where I switch the 5v power supply to the screen on and off with a MOSFET. When I turn power on to the screen it initially displays "static" (white noise?) before loading. Is there anything I can change in the start up procedure that can change this behavior?

Andy

Which Pmmc are you using?

If you connect it straight to a power supply do you see this 'static', or only when using a the mosfet?
    Mark

Comment

Is the PmmC automatically flashed with the user code? The version in my PmmC folder on the computer is uOLED-160-G2-R26, but if it's not automatic then it has which ever PmmC it was shipped with.

I see the static when I plug the screen into the programming cable as well.

Andy

Comment

No, but when you load the user code from workshop it will prompt you if it is out of date.

The current version displayed in the Workshop comms tab.

Also, the PmmC Loader tool in automatic mode will tell you what version is installed and only update it if it is out of date
        Mark

Comment

Thanks, I checked the workshop comms tab and it says V2.6.

Comment

I don't see any static on mine, so I was thinking maybe your power on wasn't 'clean' enough.

Could it be something at the start of your code?

Does the comms tab also say uOLED-160-G2?
            Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,
              Does your display have a SD card inserted? I just tried a fresh display, and like you I saw no static. Then I inserted a blank SD card and saw the static straight away.

Could the display module be drawing more current when starting up from the SD card?

Comment

Oh and to answer your question, yes the comms tab does say uOLED-160-G2

Comment

Ouch, can see it now.

Which hardware revision is your board? (This won't change anything, I don't think)

Leave it with me whilst I see what can be done.

Mark

Comment

I'm glad it's not just me.

It says HW REV7.1 on the PCB. Thanks for looking into it!

Andy

Comment

Please try the attached PmmC
                      Attached Files
                      Mark

Comment

That worked perfectly, thanks! Can I ask what you changed?

Comment

Just needed a short delay after clearing the screen before turning it on.

As to why an inserted uSD made it visible, well, who knows.
                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X