Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIXXI Arduino library?

Hello.
    I bought a pixxiLCD-25P4 a few days ago.
    I immediately wrote some code in Arduino Compatible Environments and tried to upload it to Arduino, but I seem to have gotten the following error and could not write.

PIXXI44_Serial_4DLib.h: No such file or directory
    Is there an Arduino library for PIXXI like the other one I use, GOLDELOX?
    I know of course that there are environments for developing with Visi and the like, but for my purposes this time, I want to develop with Arduino at all costs.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

You can download the library from this Github repository: Pixxi-Serial-Arduino-Library

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.
      I immediately tried to include the library and write the code to the Arduino, but it does not work.
      I'm attaching my code (which is a .ino file generated by Workshop4DE with some modifications and additions).
      The following is the code that I have modified and added.

1. The code generated by Workshop4DE starts with "PIXXI44_", as in "PIXXI44_Serial_4DLib.h". So, I rewrote the file as follows.
      #include "Pixxi_Serial_4DLib.h"
      #include "Pixxi_Const4D.h"
      Pixxi_Serial_4DLib Display(&DisplaySerial);

2. I added "Display." to the beginning of most functions, such as TimeLimit4D and img_Show. I got an error when I compiled the code, so I used Bigdemo as a reference and wrote the same code.

3. The description of the joystick to control the display image has been inserted.

The problem I am experiencing with my display is that when I connect it to the Arduino and turn it on, I get a "Drive not mounted..." message. and the image is not displayed.
      The 2GB micro SD card containing the image data (dat and gci) is inserted in the display.

I apologize for the off-topic question.
      Please help me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The problem I am experiencing with my display is that when I connect it to the Arduino and turn it on, I get a "Drive not mounted..." message. and the image is not displayed.
      As you may have realized already, this means that the uSD card fails to mount.

Assuming the SD card is properly mounted and there are no hardware issues, it is quite possible that your display's PmmC is not in uSD mode. You can change the PmmC of your display by following this article: How can I update my display to the latest PmmC and/or Driver?

Be sure to select the latest PmmC for your display with "-u".

If this doesn't work for you please let me know.

Best Regards

Comment

Thanks for answering so many times, ivan_4d!
        And sorry for the late reply.
        I manually selected "-u" in the PmmC Loader, loaded it, and it worked!
        It was very helpful. Thank you very much.

Comment

Good day!

You're welcome.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any inquiries.

Kind Regards

Comment

Hi, I have a similar issue while running the example Display_print from the Arduino Library imported from github for my Pixxi LCD 13P2. I get the following error when I run the code,
            Pixxi_Serial_4DLib.h:19: error: 'Pixxi_Serial_4DLib' has not been declared
            is the issue with the library or the code?
            Kindly help..

Comment

Hi,

It seems that you didn't include the Pixxi_Serial_4DLib library in your code.

Code:
              #include "Pixxi_Serial_4DLib.h"
              Best Regards

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks! It worked,
                I have one more thing I need help with, I'm working on a Pixxi 13P2 model(non-Touch), Is there any way to import images on it? Cause I don't think it supports a uSD card.

Update: Okay so I understood that I have to do it with the Flash Memory Chip. How do I call the media_Init() function?

Kindly help me with it.
                Bhagyashree_32
                Last edited by Bhagyashree_32; 1 December 2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivan_4d View Post
                  Hi,

You can download the library from this Github repository: Pixxi-Serial-Arduino-Library.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards
                  Thank you, this library has given me new thoughts and ideas.
                  JackOnTable
                  Last edited by JackOnTable; 10 December 2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Bhagyashree,

I presumed that you define the Pixxi Serial Library in your Arduino sketch this way,

Code:
                    Pixxi_Serial_4DLib Display(&DisplaySerial);
                    If so, you can call the function this way.

Code:
                    Display.media_Init()
                    Best Regards

Comment

Hi Jack,

You're welcome.

If you have other inquiries, feel free to open a ticket to our 4D Systems helpdesk or a new forum post.

Best Regards

Comment

Hi,

Thanks a lot! That solved my issue.

Comment

Hi again,

I have a Pixxi 13P2 display and I wish to display images on it via Arduino UNO. I seem to have trouble when it comes to enabling the mediaInit() function. I call it to enable flash memory right?
                          Now my images are in .png and .jpeg formats, and from what I have read from the manual, I'm going to have to set adresses/bytes. I have no idea where my image is getting stored, is it going to be downloaded in the flash memory? If yes, How do I upload it, using a programming cable? and how do i get it to display.

It'll be very kind of you to help me with the simple task of displaying images on the pixxi lcd 13p2 with the help of Serial programming via Arduino. I've scrolled through forum posts and appnotes provided, but I can't seem to find a single resource which doesn't mention microSD, i need an example code/resource without the microSD.

Awaiting your reply,

Regards,
                          Bhagyashree

Comment

Working...
                          X