Gen4-IB fitted with wrong resistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen4-IB fitted with wrong resistors

Hi, I've just been trying to do some tests with a gen4 display connected to a 4D-UPA via a Gen4-IB. Workshop 4 kept saying no comms, no matter what I tried. In the end I checked all the connections and discovered the Gen4-IB was populated with 47k resistors in all three positions. Is there any quality check on those boards?

Hello,

Sorry can you give more detail here?

gen4 display connected to a 4D-UPA via a Gen4-IB
    I don't follow what you have said here. The gen4 display connects to either the 4D-UPA or the gen4-IB, not both at the same time. Can you please explain what you mean?

Code:
    Gen4-IB was populated with 47k resistors in all three positions
    R1, R2 and R3 on the gen4-IB you mean?

These should be 68R. If you can please raise a ticket on our Helpdesk and provide photos (Front and Rear of the gen4-IB), that would be appreciated. https://helpdesk.4dsystems.com.au/

Regards
    James

Comment

Hello James,

in the target application the host equipment uses a five-way cable with the Gen4-IB to connect to the display, so I've got into the habit of using a 4D-UPA fitted with a five-pin header rather than connecting directly to the FFC. It's quicker to plug/unplug a header rather than mess about with the FFC connector latch. So, to be explicit, the connections in this case are: PC...USB cable...4D-UPA...5 way cable...Gen4-IB...FFC...display.

Yes, all three resistors R1, R2 and R3 were 47k. I didn't have a spare board at the time, so I replaced the resistors with wire jumpers. Pics attached.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for clarifying

I have set up an investigation to determine what happened, but by the look of your board it is dated December 2018 production.
        Potentially there could have been a manufacturing mistake and your one somehow slipped through, but it is not clear at this time what may have happened.
        Did you purchase from a distributor?

Sorry if it caused you problems, but your fix using wire jumpers will be totally fine.
        Thanks for the photos, this has all been passed on to the appropriate team

Regards
        James

Comment

The most likely source would have been in an SK-gen4-35DCT-CLB bought from Mouser, but I can't be absolutely sure.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
            If you are in need of a replacement, we can arrange this for you.
            Just raise a support ticket from our website with the details, and this can be arranged.
            Regards
            James

Comment

Thanks for the offer but no need. I just wanted to draw your attention to this to hopefully prevent it happening to anyone else.

Comment

Working...
              X