X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ivan_4d
    replied
    Hi,

Have you checked if the Tx and Rx pins are connected correctly? If not, try to reverse its connection. Also, make sure that the baud rate of the two devices is matched. If this still doesn't work for you, please share with us a photo of your setup.

Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• AG333
    replied
    Hi Ivan_4D !!

I've tested this conncetion with the 4D_UPA, but that doesn't work for me....😥🙄
    Work only with the Gen4_IB...

Did i need to use a new line of code, or an other modification in my settings panel for use 4D_UPA directly like you show me???

But thanks a lot !!
    😉

Leave a comment:

• AG333
    replied
    Hi Thx U so much for your answerd... I'm testing this and give you a feed Back !! 🤗

For information that work for me with the Gen4-IB since this night, i don't know what i'm changing, if it's because i haved restored to Default the serial settings or changing jumper, or i'm doing mistakes in all my test with him before... really don't kow...

But thanks a lot, if that's working with the pins U indicates, it can be very more usefull to just use the 4D-UPA without changing the '15 to 30 way FFC Cable' between 4D-UPA and Gen4-IB 😘😘😘

Leave a comment:

• ivan_4d
    replied
    Hi,

Based on the photo you shared, the host is connected to the wrong pins. It shows that the host connects to the serial pins for IoD displays.

To establish the connection between the display and the host, you can use your Gen4-IB module. Also, you have the option to use the 5-way Interface of the 4D-UPA board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5WayUPA.png
Views:	73
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	76512

Best regards.

Leave a comment:

• AG333
    started a topic Teensy4.0 and PixxiLcd20P2

Teensy4.0 and PixxiLcd20P2

Hi Everybody !!
    I'm new in 4Dsystems, and i love it', so cool stuff... But i'm not a programmer, and bad in english...
    So, i'm sorry for my différents questions... (maybee stupid for U) And my bad language...

I'm using a Teensy 4.0 and a pixxiLCD20P2
    My objectives : use differents values in the Teensy to moves differents stuffs(= slider, Led, Gauge, buttons...) on the screen. (Normally basics with 4Dsys...)
    But doesn't work...
    Nothing move or are activate in my screen...
    I thing it's comming from the serial between the screen and the Teensy, because when i test to change the contrast level, nothing appears...
    I test differents Serial of my teensy, differents senses for Tx and Rx, or differents pin for my physical buttons or knob, with differents Baudrates (9600, 200000...) but nothing change...

Maybee i'm doing a wrong stuff in my process...
    Can u Helping me please !!!
    Here i tested just with one winbutton and just this. (form0, winbutton0)

>> I'm doing a basic screen with 1 winbutton (=just put a captation OFF and ON and changed there colors in the STATUS WHEN OFF/ON; and put a 'report message' in the OnChanged Events)
    Form0 whithout modification.
    I'm upload this to the screen from the 4D UPA with Flash methods (no uSD card)

>> I'm uploading my code to the Teensy with ArduinoIde, with Serial = USB Type

>> Disconnect eveything and re active with external power (basic 5v alim for breadboard)
    >> Reboot Teensy...

But Nothing....

Click image for larger version

Name:	4Dsys_01.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	76498 Click image for larger version

Name:	Wire_01.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	76499

I'm testing with the Gen4D IB, the same...
    Maybee it'because Flash method...
    Maybee i'm loosing anything in the code, would to test with very basic stuff like this U can maybee easyli helping me !!! ​​
    Please HELP !!!

Code:
    #include <genieArduino.h>

Genie genie;
    #define RESETLINE 4 // Change this if you are not using an Arduino Adaptor Shield Version 2 (see code below)

int pinBtn = 5;

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// SETUP
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void setup()
    {
    Serial.begin(115200); // liaison 'Moniteur Serie'
    //genieSetup(115200); // liaison 'Genie'
    genie.Begin(Serial);

pinMode(RESETLINE, OUTPUT); // Set D4 on Arduino to Output (4D Arduino Adaptor V2 - Display Reset)
    digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 1); // Reset the Display via D4
    delay(100);
    digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 0); // unReset the Display via D4

// Increase to 4500 or 5000 if you have sync problems as your project gets larger. Can depent on microSD init speed.
    delay (5000);

genie.WriteContrast(15);

//Write a string to the Display to show the version of the library used
    //genie.WriteStr(0, GENIE_VERSION);

pinMode(pinBtn, INPUT);
    }

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// LOOP
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void loop()
    {

// This calls the library each loop to process the queued responses from the display
    genie.DoEvents();

boolean etatBtn = digitalRead(pinBtn);
    //Serial.print("BTN= ");
    //Serial.println(etatBtn);
    genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_WINBUTTON, 0, etatBtn);

}
Working...
X