Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GEN4-uLCD-35DT no longer displays anything after powering down then powering on again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEN4-uLCD-35DT no longer displays anything after powering down then powering on again

I have one form with 4 winbuttons, 2 user buttons, static text and an image. The program compiles and downloads to the screen just fine and everything is displayed as it should. However, when I disconnect it from the computer and the screen powers down, when I plug it back into the computer and power it up, it displays nothing but a black screen. I have to hit the download button again to get the screen to display anything. This occurs every time the screen looses power. I am using Visie for coding and I am using the industrial grade 4GB memory card supplied with the starter kit.

Does this sound normal? If so, is there additional code needed to keep the screen programmed after powering down? I never had this problem with the GEN4-IoD-28T

Hi,

Yes it's normal. The Display has different ways to upload code and run and it looks like the Destination is set to RAM instead of Flash. You can check this in the Project tab.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ProjectTabFlash.png Views:	0 Size:	16.6 KB ID:	76567
    If you set the destination to Flash it will be fine and still be installed after a power cycle.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thank you! that was it

Comment

Working...
      X