Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report event on button down (not release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report event on button down (not release)

I'm using a PIXXILCD-20P2-CTP-CLB and would like to use the ViSi Genie. I'd like for the connected system (Teensy in my case) to receive the event when the user touches the button. When I look at the serial monitor, I only see an event when the button is released. I have the userbutton configured as Momentary=Yes and the OnChanged event set as "Report Message. I've tried several different options for the Momentary setting, but still only see serial data when the button is released.

Is there a way in the ViSi Genie to get a button down event reported on the serial port?

Hi,

Is there a way in the ViSi Genie to get a button down event reported on the serial port?
    You can set the momentary property of the button to 'Both'. This way, when the button is pressed, the display will send a value of '1' and '0' for released.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MomentaryBoth.png Views:	0 Size:	2.4 KB ID:	76624

Best Regards

Comment

Perfect. Thank you!

Is there a way to have it also work as a toggle button, while still sending the button down/up events?

What I'm trying to do is make a toggle button, but I want to have haptic feedback when the button is pressed. So, my external controller needs to receive the down/up events, but the button should toggle like a normal toggle button.

Comment

Hi,

Is there a way to have it also work as a toggle button, while still sending the button down/up events?
        If you want the button to work as a toggle button, you can simply set the button's Momentary property to "No".

Click image for larger version

Name:	MomentaryToNO.png
Views:	20
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	76663
        Best Regards

Comment

Working...
        X