Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Sorry to hear that.

I'm not sure why that happened. Would you like zip your project and send it to me again and I will test it here.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

I have attached file

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for sending the project. That works fine for me. It's possible that the PmmC of your display needs updating as you have updated Workshop.

You can update the PmmC by clicking on PmmC Loader under the Tools tab.

Leave the Mode set to Automatic and choose the Com Port of your display before clicking on Auto Update.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Not sure what I doing wrong then.... I define the new ILedDigits, run the Build, then power cycle then no displayed ILedDigits. Is there a different sequence for programming the Flash data?

Ref the PmmC, the displays are new, purchased within the last 60 days. I will try to get the update done first of week, I'm on my friday..... the pc I'm using has no internet connection, so I will have to figure that one out

Question 1. All the references I am finding are using ViSi as the programming examples. I have been using Genie for this project, but I can't seem to get this change to run on the display. Does Genie support the ILedDigitst functions 100%?

Question 2. When using the ILedDigits, do they act the same as the LedDigits function? i.e, display a 0 with no input, etc.

Thanks for being here.....

tom

Comment

Searching 4D website, I am getting no useful hits on "PmmC" updating" (they all are referencing display details). Is there a document that provides instructions for standalone updating?

Comment

Hi Tom,

This appnote should help.

https://docs.4dsystems.com.au/app-note/4D-AN-00036

Best regards

Paul

Comment

I have the latest PmmC (R25) installed. That appears to fix the loading problem.

Now I have to figure out why the Genie code to write to WriteIntLedDigits is erroring out in the Arduino compile. I have Genie Library 1.52 loaded, deleted earlier version, still getting a "class Genie has no member named "WriteIntLedDigits" ". It is never easy.....

Comment

Great,

Ok, let me look into that. I'll update you as soon as possible

Paul

Comment

Paul

Just an update.....

The gods must be smiling, it seems to be working as needed now.

It was a combination of updating the PmmC on the display (from R20 to R25), getting the correct version of the genie library loaded in the right directory, and typos in the geni. commands. I appreciate you hanging in there.

Again, THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                    X