X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

It is our display. I was referring to the Driver IC of the display and the registers are the same for the Non IPS display and the IPS display so there is no way to distinguish in code.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• L0uisc
    replied
    That's a bit of an issue... If you say "all register values are identical", which registers are you referring to? Registers in the ESP8266 or registers in the display itself? What display do you use? Is it one you developed yourself or do you use one from an OEM?

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Sorry, no there isn't any way to check in code. I have tried but all register values are identical on both types so impossible to distinguish between the 2 types of display.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• L0uisc
    replied
    Hi Paul. It does fix my issue, thanks. Is there any way to check in code which type of display is used and initialize the library with the correct method call automatically?

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with inverted colours.

With the latest GFX4d installed from Github

https://github.com/4dsystems/GFX4d

change the gfx.begin(); to gfx.begin(IPS_DISPLAY); for the display that is showing inverted colours.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• L0uisc
    replied
    Thinking further: it can't be cross-wiring, because the factory loaded program did not display inverted. Did I somehow blow something? If so, what? Can it be fixed?

Leave a comment:

• L0uisc
    replied
    Update: just tried with another screen, and the issue is sorted. Sounds like a hardware issue then. Cross-wiring somewhere maybe?

Leave a comment:

• L0uisc
    replied
    I have a similar issue. I programmed an unchanged program on a new screen of the same model (gen4-IoD-24T), and now my colours are inverted. The exact same code worked previously on an identical display with the right colours. I then updated the library to the new version as per above, with no effect. I then downloaded the zip archive Paul posted on 30 August and tried using it as well. Still inverted colours. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• wukongxiang
    replied
    Using the attached file you sent me seems to correct the issue. Verified that the file I previously had was the newest, must of been corrupted during the download the first time. Thank you for helping me

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Thank you for the info. I have just tried it and it seems to be working fine. I was able to force the error you are seeing to prove the issue but it should be working fine with the current library. I have attached a copy of GFX4d for you to try to see if it solves the issue.

Best regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wukongxiang
    replied
    Yes, I just started testing these screens about 5 days ago, so I do have the most recent library installed

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the GFX4d library. The library has just been recently updated (13 days ago), are you using the latest GFX4d available here.

https://github.com/4dsystems/GFX4d

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• wukongxiang
    started a topic GEN4-IOD-24T reverse negative imaging

GEN4-IOD-24T reverse negative imaging

Tested Hello World coding on both my GEN4-IOD-24T and IOD-09TH with only changing the included h file info for the GFX4d and GFX4dIoD9. Both screens have displayed the Hello World print but the 24T display was reversed and negative colored. Is there possible something wrong with the unit or with the h file associated (guessing its unit related).

Code:

#include "ESP8266WiFi.h"
    #include "GFX4d.h"

GFX4d gfx = GFX4d();

//#include "NoName2Const.h" // Note. This file will not be created if there are no generated graphics

int test = 0;

void setup()
    {
    gfx.begin();
    gfx.Cls();
    gfx.ScrollEnable(false);
    gfx.BacklightOn(true);
    gfx.Orientation(LANDSCAPE_R);
    gfx.SmoothScrollSpeed(5);
    gfx.TextColor(WHITE, BLACK); gfx.Font(2); gfx.TextSize(1);
    gfx.Open4dGFX("NONAME~1"); // Opens DAT and GCI files for read using filename without extension. Note! Workshop generates files with Short filenames
    } // end Setup **do not alter, remove or duplicate this line**

void loop()
    {
    if(test==0)
    {
    gfx.print("Hello");
    test = 1;
    }
    yield(); // Required for ESP
    }

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_215407.jpg