• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I will look into that. My version of GFX4d is in fact in the Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries location so I will do some tests the other way and see if there is a workaround.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• apurv
    replied
    Hi Paul,

After reinstalling both Arduino IDE & Workshop 4 IDE the issue persisted. But I found the workaround.

Workshop 4 IDE detects Arduino libraries only if they are present in the Arduino installation directory i.e. "Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries".
    Workshop 4 IDE does not detect libraries which are placed in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Arduino\libraries" directory (which is intended location for 3rd party or external Arduino libraries).

I had to manually move libraries from "User Documents" to Program installation directory. Then my code compiled.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Welcome to the Forum

Workshop 4 will detect the Arduino IDE in the default installation directory which is' Program Files (x86)\Arduino'

If the Arduino IDE is in this folder and the GFX4dIoD9 library is detected then it should work fine. If not, could you please try restaring Workshop 4.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• apurv
    replied
    Hi,
    Continuing the above post started by Snehal, I've connected IoD-09TH to 4D-UPA.
    I Created a simple project in 4D Workshop selecting the IoD-09TH. When I say compile &amp; upload, the IDE reports that it is not able to detect Arduino libraries. Where can I set the correct path to Arduino libraries?
    4D Workshop version 4.7.0.11. I've separate Arduino installation as well version 1.8.15.

Edit:
    I've also downloaded arduino libraries from "https://github.com/4dsystems/GFX4dIoD9" & extracted the files in path
    "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Arduino\libraries"
    The independent arduino IDE detects it in the installed library list.
    Last edited by apurv; 14 October 2021, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The IoD-09TH is easier to use with the 4D-UPA when using Workshop 4. It would be possible to program the IoD with other ESP8266 methods via the Arduino IDE but this would still require a USB-Serial converter and manually putting the IoD into flash mode. This is one possible way to do it.

http://www.whatimade.today/esp8266-e...rogram-so-far/
    You would need to replace the shown ESP Module with the IoD

But it is much better and easier to use the 4D-UPA.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Snehal Jadhav
    started a topic Beginning with the IoD-109TH

Beginning with the IoD-109TH

Hello all,

As I am just a beginner, I have started working on the IoD-09TH LCD. I have few queries :
    1. Is 4D-UPA programming adapter necessary for the IoD-109TH if not what are the other possible ways
    2. Image will be stored on the SD card ?

Thanks in advance
Working...
X