Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi Genie with C2000 F18069 or others

Hi,
    I was thinking of using Energia to use Visi Genie with a C2000 (F28069) but couldn't find version 1.7, the only version that works with C2000s.
    so i tried using the Visi Genie C Library master package but i had too many errors, variable format, struct, compiler etc ... I'm going crazy!
    So if someone managed to use the visi genie with a C2000 and can share it with me that would be really great !
    thanks in advance
    OL

Hi Olivierg,

Good Day.

The library may require changes to be useable on different compilers.
    Can you tell us what are the errors that you encountered when using the ViSi-Genie C Library with your microcontroller?

Regards,
    Ferdinand

Comment

Hello,
      Thnks Ferdinand for your feedback. I spent most of the weekend debugging. Error were due to variables format unknown by code composer studio : uint16_t and bool. Statements of functions were also missing and others..
      Now I have no more errors only a few warnings that I will handle later.
      Microcontroller sends the characters directly to the transmission register. The reception takes place under interrupt as was done in the STM32 example if I understood correctly...
      So I put the define #define AvecVisiGenie in task.h to test the communication with and without VisiGenie. The communication works as expected with transmission / reception carried out byte per byte.
      I created a millisecond counter in an other interrupt to measure elapsed time. This counter value is returned by millis() function.
      As soon as I activate VisiGenie, seems to be transmitted correctly but I still receive 0xA 0x0 etc ... I don't understand why. In addition, the display is never detected. the genieBegin () never function returns "1".
      the 4D-UPA connection board is powered by my laptop computer. I use it to load the code and debug. PA2 (RX1) GPIO2 - 3V3 and PA3 (TX1) GPIO1 - 3V3 are used (connected to the TMS320F28069 card 3V3) for the manage by F28069 serial application link.
      I think now I may have a problem with configuring serial communications in Workshop4.
      Can you confirm serial settings in workshop4 ? is it possible to send (displaying) the frames (datagram) sent from my card to the 4D display back to Workshop4 ?
      Can you give me the frames to be sent and received for genieBegin()?

I am attaching some photos and screenshots to understand the context. thank you for your feedback and support

Thanks for your help and support

Best regards,

OL
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210920_130250.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	708.5 KB
ID:	76849

Name:	20210920_150934.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	892.6 KB
ID:	76850

Name:	20210920_150951.jpg
Size:	739.2 KB
ID:	76851

Name:	20210920_151814.jpg
Size:	832.5 KB
ID:	76852
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ferdinand,
        It works well. Just some settings to adjust but it's working. Now I will adapt display form to customer request.
        Best regards,
        Ol

Comment

Hi Olivierg,

Good to know that its working now.

To know more about our ViSi Genie protocols and commands. You can check ViSi-Genie Reference Manual.

ViSi-Genie Reference Manual (4dsystems.com.au)

I hope that you keep updating on your development.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
          Ferdinand
          Last edited by frsantiago; 22 September 2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X