Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange white colored "Mounting...." on uLCD

Hi,

We have some strange error on our Display that is a white mounting... text in a stings object we are writing to with black screen after that.
    If the display comes back, it will not show any Strings values coming by index setting.
    Values written to the display by serial will be displayed...

The error only occurs if our microcontroller talks to the display, but there are no functions one could use in the protocol that forces the display to do so - or am I wrong.

We use Visi-Genie with the oldcompile flag.
    We tried with Workshop 39 and also with #STACK 1024 with no luck

Thank You
    Daniel

Hi,

To understand the issue better, can you share your project with us?

To share it completely, you can follow the instruction discussed in this article: How can I share my projects?

Best Regards

Comment

I cannot upload the version since it happens only with our system connected and the device we control.
      Even without the oldcompile the error is still there and will occure und heavy button usage after some time ( random time depending on setup ).

so, what could force the display to act like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	normal.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	76868

Then the strange mounting

Name:	mounting.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	76870
      The display goes black and comes back as

Name:	nostrings.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	76872
      so all strings will not accept any index with predefined settings ( as if the memory is gone ) but all buttons still wok.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Without you submitting your project its very difficult for us to guess what the problem could be.
        What is this 'oldcompile' flag you are talking about?
        You are using ViSi-Genie, are you also using the PRO features like Magic?
        What is the Host you are using?
        Are you using our library or have you written something from scratch yourself?
        What microSD card are you using? Brand, size, how did you format it? (RMPET?)

You need to provide more information as there is very little to go on here.

Regards
        James

Comment

Hi James,
          Mark should have our full code, but in this case I guess it would not help since it happens only with our MCU.
          We start with an empty gut and after the startup, the MCU unhides the needed objects. The SD-Card content is round about half a gig. We use nearly all Program memory and run the GUI from SD Card.

It seems to me that we accomplish to irritate your MCU so much that it looses the SD-Card. Could that be?

To Your Questions:
          What is this 'oldcompile' flag you are talking about?
          It is a flag to be set in P1 because otherwise the sliders will crash on an old PMMc ( We cannot upgrade in field because you have no way for that - we ship only SD-Card updates )
          You are using ViSi-Genie, are you also using the PRO features like Magic?
          We are using Magic with 15 SmartSliders and slightly below 10 Gauges.
          What is the Host you are using?
          The Host is our own MCU with serial communication.
          Are you using our library or have you written something from scratch yourself?
          The Communication is totally written by hand.
          What microSD card are you using? Brand, size, how did you format it? (RMPET?)
          We use Advantech Industrial 4GB with one Partition formatted with RMPET and than cloned. The Error is reproducible with all Cards, as well as new written cards after fresh compile in Workstation.

Comment

( This has been carried on in the Ticket System. )
            James

Comment

Working...
            X