Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Commands vs raw data to Goldilox

Hello

I have to get a dsPIC talking to a Goldilox 160G2. I've done the UART link and am able to call images from the SD card. The display will show different screens depending on the user input button pressed on the dsPIC. The screens will indicate Voltage and current levels and other measurements. What is the best approach?
    To send only serial commands from dsPIC to load images from SD card and indicate levels.
    Or to send only serial data in my own protocol and let Goldilox determine how to handle the raw serial data?

Help will be apreciated.

Marinus

Dear Marinus,

Good day.

I suggest to send only the serial commands from the dsPIC to load images from the SD to indicate levels since you are using Serial Environment. You can check the application note below as reference.

Serial Goldelox Getting Started - The SPE Application

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Ferdinand

Comment

Thank you. I will do that.

Just to confirm, if I want to display levels, then I will use "putCH" or "putstr" to display the level?

Marinus

Comment

Hi Marinus,

If you will display levels as text, you can use putch which can display single character and putstr if it is a string. If you will try to display the levels using images you can check the application note below.

Serial Displaying Images from the uSD Card RAW

Thank you,

Best Regards,
        Ferdinand

Comment

Thank you for the info

Comment

Can you perhaps guide me to making my own buttons? One that is selected and one that is not selected. Then Can I still use the serial commands to call these buttons?

Marinus

Comment

Working...
            X