Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD serial communication, using a microcontroller as USB-UART bridge

Hello,

I'm not sure I am posting at the right place, I'll try to describe what I have in mind :

In our products we use a PIC24E microcontroller (master) to drive a Diablo16 uLCD-35DT display in Serial (slave) mode.
    We currently use USB to control our PIC24E based system with a custom software and to update our firmware.

I just discovered with the latest version of 4D Workshop that it was now possible to update uSD in situ with Serial communication, it's a big improvement and thank you for this feature!

Now my questions are :

1) What would I have to do to use my PIC24E microcontroller as an USB-UART bridge to update whole Diablo16 uLCD firmware (PmmC, SPE, and uSD data), how Reset pin interacts with the display?

2) Is there a way to update PmmC, SPE and uSD files without 4D Workshop?
    We already have a simple custom GUI software to send .HEX file to update PIC24E firmware, it would be great to be able to update uLCD firmware (SPE, PmmC and uSD files) in the same way with a basic software that does all the process and prevents user to send bad commands and "brick" the device.

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi,

Good day.

Welcome to the forum.

We have created a ticket for you to discuss about your inquiry on how to update PmmC, SPE and uSD files using your microcontroller.
    Please check your email.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Ferdinand

Comment

Hi,

Thank you I have activated my account on helpdesk, I'll wait for new activity

Best regards,
      Loic

Comment

Working...
      X